01/19-Freckles - 196@+8, PMPS 158, 187@+1, 193@+2, 178 @+3, 196@+4

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Judy and Freckles, Jan 19, 2020.

1. Judy and Freckles

Judy and Freckles Well-Known Member

yesterday's post
    The deep freeze continues here this morning at -30c (-37c windchill). Temperature is expected to warm up to -20c today. :rolleyes: The cold spell is suppose to break starting tomorrow and looking forward to +1 on Tuesday!:)

But of course if Freckles wants to go down to the beach/lagoon where it is warmer, I certainly wouldn't mind to live vicariously through her!

Sonia & Leo and Briere Fur Mom like this.
  2. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Brrrrrrrrrr sounds cold!!!!
    Hope Freckles slides on down for u

3. Judy and Freckles

Yes it is. That little breeze really makes a difficult. I feel bad for the farm animals but they have deep straw, shelter and lots to eat but at least we aren't calving! I managed to coax the wild cat that showed up at our place this fall into the heated garage the other day. I haven't seen him in there as he is hiding (I've heard him!) , but the food dish is getting cleaned up AM and PM! I don't think 'Bandit' is too excited about being outside right now, I just wish he would think using the LB is a good idea. DH isn't too thrilled. :oops:

4. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Have u tried the litter that draws them to use it, dr elsey makes it

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  5. Tina and Salem

Tina and Salem Well-Known Member

Ohhh my what cold weather I’m guessing your use to it . I hate cold weather . I love the summer . Stay warm ! Dnt get frost bit Brrrr . lol hope your baby does great today ! Have a cozy warm day ! I worry about the animals too outside when it’s cold . I feel for them but we make them warm .

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  6. Judy and Freckles

:bookworm: Hmmm?? Didn't know a thing like that existed! Will check into that for sure. Thanks Bella's Mom!

7. Tina and Salem

I heard of it . I hear it works great !

8. Judy and Freckles

Just 'cuz I'm use to it, doesn't mean I have to like it!! And I don't! :p But I would rather have -40 than +40 ... and sometimes we do have it both ways (different seasons of course). Spring, summer and fall are sooooooo easy compared to winter!

Sonia & Leo and Tina and Salem like this.
  9. Tina and Salem

I bet ! I dnt know how y’all survive it . I would cry and leave . I guess it’s like the tornado and hurricanes here I dnt like them but I’m use to them . Just learned to deal with it all my life ! Stay warm cuddle with baby ! Have a great day !

10. Judy and Freckles

Yeah, those violent storms would be scary! At least we know that winter is coming... every year... so we can prepare for it!

11. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

OMG! That's too darn cold!!! Ya'll come on down to Florida! It's going to get cold here tomorrow - all of 65 or so - OMG whatever are we going to do???:rolleyes::rolleyes: I can understand why so many people head down south for the winter...that's not a very pleasant day ya'll got going there Judy.

Stay warm!! Thank you for letting that cat into your garage - at least a little shelter is better than none. Poor thing...

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  12. Judy and Freckles

I've been trying to get close to the wild kitty for a couple of months now and I am succeeding but it' a slow process. Out here on the farm there is plenty of shelter and places to hide. He's been hanging out in the cow/horse shelters and hay shed. He squishes between the bales. He's not a young cat but he must be a tough and smart one to be able to survive against the predators and the weather. I'm sure he's appreciating the daily food and now a warm garage! Poor little guy.

Sue and Luci and Sonia & Leo like this.
  13. Judy and Freckles

PMPS 158 - dropped from 196 @+8.
    @Wendy&Neko you around? I'm going to shoot 6u and test @+1 and @+2.

I'm here to monitor tonight. Plenty of strips, MC and HC food.

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  14. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Awesome - you go girl!:cool:

15. Judy and Freckles

Sweet! You are on the forum to hold my hand! Love it! :bighug:

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  16. Wendy&Neko

Off and on tonight. Went for a killer snow shoe hike on the mountain (not on trails) this morning, feeling it a bit. :blackeye: Will be around those first couple tests.

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  17. Judy and Freckles

Well that sounds like fun! I've got snowshoes in the garage, but haven't had enough snow here these last few years to warrant using them. Just going out to do horse chores. Be back in 15 min.

18. Judy and Freckles

19. Wendy&Neko

A little food spike.

20. Judy and Freckles

She usually get 1/8 can LC of FF @ +1 but I withheld it tonight. Should i give it to her? There is absolutely nothing wrong with her appetite. In fact I think her appetite increases (if that is at possible) with lower numbers.

21. Wendy&Neko

I would feed as normal. I expect if you have to feed her extra food later this cycle, that Freckles is unfamiliar with the concept of "full"?

22. Judy and Freckles

That word is not in her vocabulary!

Wendy&Neko likes this.
  23. Judy and Freckles

193@+2. Regular schedule snack of LC FF @+3

1/8 can with a little bit of water.

24. Wendy&Neko

Turn it around Freckles.

25. Judy and Freckles

Libre says she's coming down. Will check with my regular meter - Freestyle lite in 20 min.

26. Judy and Freckles

27. Judy and Freckles

196 @+4 - doesn't look like any greens tonight... I'll take the blues though.

28. Wendy&Neko

Nightly nite! :cool:

29. Judy and Freckles

Thanks for hanging in there Wendy - rest those poor legs after conquering the mountain today!:)