01/22 Boomer AMPS 133 +3 117 +6 76 +9 110 PMPS 121 +3 81, wildlife photo

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Judy and Boomer, Jan 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Yesterday
    Good morning!
    AMPS 133 shooting 1.75u

Boomer ate most of his +3, got me up at 2:10 to stir his remaining tsp of food and then left it, and left a bit of his +9 which, as an experiment, was 4% turkey pate with just a wee bit of chicken pieces instead of his normal 2% chicken pate with lots of chicken pieces. Was hoping for a lower AMPS. Didn't work. Will have to do some +9 (am and pm) tests to find out when he's losing momentum, between +6 and +9 or +9 and PS.

Boomer also woke us up at 6:00; I tried calling him several times but he was relentless. Allen was calling us from the spare bedroom; he was fasted last night so he was hungry and I think that's what caused Boomer to be so noisy :rolleyes:

We took Allen's BG this morning since he has fasted overnight....74....same as a month ago. Very happy with this number for Allen!

On Saturday when I was out on my own I stopped at an area called The Coves. There are 3 large ponds one of which I visit on a regular basis and will usually see Blue Herons and Cormorants there and have seen Night Herons as well. I really wasn't hoping for much since I knew the pond would be frozen but as soon as I walked into the park I heard a woodpecker. I found the woodpecker shortly after that (another photographer with a big-ass lens aimed towards it lol) along with some Dark-Eyed Juncos and a wee Carolina Wren that allowed me several shots and entertained me with a beautiful song at the same time. Attached is a photo of the Carolina Wren.

Attached Files:

2. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Silly Boomer...such a creature of habit. His AMPS really is pretty nice! Lovely BG for Allen - that is awesome!! And, or course, gorgeous photo, too. Have a great day, Judy!

Judy and Boomer likes this.
  3. Mandarin'sMom

Mandarin'sMom Well-Known Member

Awesome picture! ...and sorry about the early wake-up call. Hope you have some time for a nap later.

4. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

Boomer, come on already, we’re trying to stop the 2:00 alarm, not add another one at 6:00! :facepalm:

5. Alicia & Maggie (GA)

Alicia & Maggie (GA) Well-Known Member

Great pic! I love Carolina wrens... a whole lot of sass in a ball of feathers! :joyful: Ah-oh, now the boys are tag-teaming you. ;)

6. Judy and Boomer

One winter a few years ago they were hanging around our backyard; haven't seen many of them since although last Friday DH spotted something different in our backyard and it was a Carolina Wren. Haven't seen it again :(

Alicia & Maggie (GA) likes this.
  7. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Sorry both kitties were so noisy. Great BG for Allen. I hope Boomer slides down today. Love the picture.

8. Judy and Boomer

9. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

I love the “ tag teaming” , Alicia :) Like my dear neighbor often says “ if it’s not fun then make it funny “:woot: Happy Monday , Judy :)

10. Judy and Boomer

I would prefer that, between the hours of 11 pm and 7 am, they practise quiet time instead :rolleyes:

Beth 73 and Alicia & Maggie (GA) like this.
  11. Judy and Boomer

12. Judy and Boomer

13. Judy and Boomer

PMPS 121 shooting 1.75u

14. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Good day for Boomer and Allen, but--hey Boomer, you've gotta get better nighttime habits!

Lovely pic of the Carolina Wren. I've never seen one. Will have to read up on them.
    Have a good evening, Judy, and I hope you get to sleep more tonight!

15. Judy and Boomer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.