02/05/18 Texas Gizmo PMPS=204, +2=210, +5.5=200, +11=170

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by LizzieInTexas, Feb 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

02/04 +11=166 (food influenced)

AMPS=188

I left 1/2 can of A/D out overnight and he ate some around midnight and some around 3a - he finished what was left out. I had to make a call that it was better to get food into him vs. accurate PS numbers. I am just glad he ate all of it.

Gave A/D for b-fast and he ate all of the PS meal. I did put MMR in it.

I am either going in late or more than likely calling in sick. I am hoping to get the rx for his meds from the vets and I also need to get more A/D if that is what he will eat. I am going to try the regular food a bit later.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
    Stacy & Asia likes this.
  2. LizzieInTexas

Thank you. I am not sure they have a plan and I trust your wisdom :bighug:. We will see how it goes.

Marje and Gracie likes this.
  3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad Gizmo is eating some for you. I agree it is more important that he eat than worrying about it influencing his numbers. I hope you can get the rx for his meds today. Sending prayers.

Stacy & Asia and LizzieInTexas like this.
  4. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Good news that he ate. And I think a good plan that you are letting him eat when he wants at this point in time.

You are doing an amazing job juggling all of this. Glad you can take the day off to get all your ducks in a row. Sending lots more vines to you and Gizmo :bighug::bighug::bighug:

MJW, Stacy & Asia and LizzieInTexas like this.
  5. Alicia & Maggie (GA)

Alicia & Maggie (GA) Well-Known Member

Yay for Gizmo eating! Good luck on your quest for scripts for the meds you want to give. :bighug:

6. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

Glad to hear Gizmo is eating better, sounds like a well-deserved day off :bighug:

7. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

Glad he’s eating too, and whatever he will eat is a good thing right now. Hope you can work out an action plan with your vets and get all the meds and supplements needed to help Gizmo feel better. :bighug:

LizzieInTexas likes this.
  8. HWright

HWright Well-Known Member

Glad Gizmo is eating more and that he feeling better each day. You are a super mama bean and he is one very fortunate kitty. Hope you can get some rest today and that vet visit goes well.❤️

9. LizzieInTexas

I just left a message with the receptionist that I needed RX for Amlodipine, Aranasp and the A/D food. The vet I saw on Saturday is not there today so they will have the request reviewed by another vet and call me back. i also requested a call from the tech to revise the follow up appt. I want the GI labs run and the Pro-BNP bloodwork done and defer the US for a later date (after GI labs are back). They told me that Gizmo would need to be fasted for 12 hours for the GI labs but the TAMU site says 6 hours for diabetic. So if I let him eat early for his last snack bw could be done between 3-4pm which would work with his shots. I will NOT drop him off to spend the entire day there stressed. Nope.

I also want him on the BP meds before his next visit. This little exercise should indicate how willing they are to work with me and, if not, I will go elsewhere.

10. Stacy & Asia

Good on you, Lizzie! With what you've described how he is at the vet, I wouldn't drop him off all day either. I hope at the very least, they will work with you on these issues and even if this vet isn't ideal, you can get things started in the right direction and have a little more breathing room to find a vet that is a better fit.

You're an amazing bean and Gizmo is one lucky boy! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Girlie's mom and LizzieInTexas like this.
  11. LizzieInTexas

Oh, and another thing... not one, single dead flea or flea dirt/blood on either of his white towels. Treated with the advantage Saturday PM. I knew he didn't have fleas. The white towels is where he spends 75% of his time sleeping.

12. MJW

MJW Well-Known Member

Capstar tablets (can be crushed in food) seem to kill all the adult fleas on a cat within a few hours. Very safe.

13. MJW

MJW Well-Known Member

Unsalted tuna or salmon or chicken water might help Gizmo take on more water safely.
    Yum's creatinine number was much lower (1.7) in last week's blood work (not yet posted).
    I doubt her kidneys are better. Maybe it is due to her massive polydipsia (she was at 19 oz a day last week).
    Is drinking large quantities of water safer than subQ fluids? I don't know.

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  14. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Totally in your corner, Lizzie, ab not dropping him off . Elmo detests the vet and I go only when absolutely necessary . I refuse to subject him to detrimental stress. But I do have a fabulous DVM/ Holistic vet I have consulted by phone with for over 20 years. I credit her with all of our fur kids living to near/over 20 healthy years . Praying you have favor with vet Office , that they will respect /go along with your wishes :bighug::)

HWright and Stacy & Asia like this.
  15. Stacy & Asia

It is safer to drink it.

16. LizzieInTexas

PMPS=204

History:
    AMPS=188, +2=146, +4=144, +11=207

17. HWright

How was vet visit? +11 and pmps white coat effect? How are you and Gizmo?

18. LizzieInTexas

No vet visit. Just had to call for prescriptions. They wouldn't do anything until vet that saw him is back (tomorrow). Vet tech did send me the rx for the a/d food (only food I could get him to eat) but he is eating his regular food tonight (so far). I think the higher numbers are due to the a/d - it is higher carbs than he usually gets. Almost time for his +2 and his Cerenia, AB and pain meds. No cypro. Vet tech told me today that cypro wouldn't cause him to be doped (yeah, right - it always has - she told me "no, that's the pain meds") :banghead:

ETA-plus I have reduced the dose down quite a bit with him not eating (etc.).

He seems to be doing much better. Ate all AM cycle food without drama or coaxing. Much more active and interactive. I got a much needed nap.
    Anti-jinx

Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
  19. HWright

:bighug:❤️:bighug:❤️:bighug: And hope you both get some more much needed rest tonight. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

20. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Yeah for Gizmo eating and interacting :bighug:. Double yeah for a nap :bighug::bighug:

21. LizzieInTexas

Oh, and another good news update. Getting the potassa-chews into him! Not a lot but better than nothing. He has eaten 3/4 after his shots for 3 cycles (last night, AM and PM today) Yay!

22. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

Did you ever find out if the Cosequin has phos?

23. LizzieInTexas

Not sure how to find out but discontinued it JIC.

Bronx's dad (GA) likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.