02/08/18 Texas Gizmo PMPS=297, +4.5=197

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by LizzieInTexas, Feb 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

02/07

AMPS=217

After his PS meal I put down LC (Fowl Ball pureed) for his +2.5 and just left it. He took two licks and wouldn't eat any more. Tonight we are going to try Soulistic Chicken Dinner.

I added the binder to his AM cycle food this morning. He has eaten about 3/4 of the PS food (he usually will go back and finish). I tasted it and it has no flavor so fingers crossed.

Finally got the RX for the BP meds last night so hubby will pick those up for me on his way home.

I need to get Cerenia. I sent in a request for quote to Diamondback on Monday and they just replied with the quote yesterday. I need it sooner than they can get it here (without paying outrages overnight shipping). I wonder if I can get it filled at Petco or Petsmart - anyone know? I would rather not spend my Saturday mid-morning going all the way to the vets.

His wobbliness seems better.
    Sort-of - he has been getting the a/d since Monday and eating it well for the past couple of days (I am giving him 3.5 oz/cycle). I did increase the dose yesterday AM to 0.75U.

If I can't get him back on the LC diet I am not sure what to do.

2. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

maybe try a little raw ? Or gently cook some ground turkey or chicken and see if that sparks his interest.

HWright and LizzieInTexas like this.
  3. LizzieInTexas

Maybe. I may order the sample from food fur life.

Without having to go back to out or previous discussion. The food should not have any AB added (will it state that?) What else am I looking for? Start with ground turkey or chicken?

HWright likes this.
  4. LizzieInTexas

Does the rx have to be written for it to be filled compounded?

5. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Yes, start with ground chicken or turkey or you can do chicken breast cut up in little chucks. Do you have a Whole Foods grocery chain? Their organic meats I believe is where Marje gets hers. If not, talk to your meat man at your grocery store and ask about the AB. I have a local butcher and they add no flavorings or no AB or hormones, their chicken and turkey comes from an organic local farm. Some groceries chains add rosemary to their poultry so watch for that.

Salt percentage is important, so you want to make sure the label says the salt % is under 100 mg for a 4 oz portion. Most I buy are around 40-70 %.

If you do try raw that you buy from the grocery store, it is important that it frozen for at least 24 hours first before serving to Gizmo. That freezing kills toxoplasmosis . That is why when you buy raw food for pets from a company, it comes frozen. I portion mine out when I bring it home and then freeze. That way I don't have more than I can use thawed in the refrigerator.

When you are ready to add another protein after the chicken and turkey, I added pork on the recommendation of FoodFurlife peeps. My cats with hog wild over it! ( no pun intended) Carolina from Foodfurlife said she buys the Smithfield pork loins from Walmart ( I get them when I go to get Relion test strips and syringes) It is very low sodium. I can't find Smithfield in any of my local grocery chains. The sodium is around 50 -60 mg per 4 oz.

HWright likes this.
  6. Carol in Chicago

Carol in Chicago Member

For any RX med you will need an RX either written or phoned to the pharmacy. Would you consider a local compounder? Looks like there are several from Google search. I use small independent neighborhood compounder. They are great. Always repeat must be sugar free. ;)

Diamondback is cheaper in volume, but for what I need (overnight/ cold), shipping is the deal breaker.

Excellent compounded is needed for exotic and delicate meds, but it would be good to find somene local for basic stuff.

All the best to you and Giz!

7. HWright

HWright Well-Known Member

And include all the juices in the offering?
    Hope today is a better appy day for Gizmo. Glad his wobbles beginning to show signs of some improvement. Eat yer fuds, Gizmo!

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  8. LizzieInTexas

I have the rx. Will a compound pharmacy compound from a regular rx Or does it need to specifically state "compound ok" Yes, I have a local pharmacy.

9. Carol in Chicago

Carol in Chicago Member

I have only used regular RX.

10. Alicia & Maggie (GA)

Alicia & Maggie (GA) Well-Known Member

Good luck getting your Rx compounded.

11. Pamela & Amethyst

Pamela & Amethyst Well-Known Member

love light and healing:bighug:

12. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

13. LizzieInTexas

Have you tried it with Bronx?

How is Bronx doing btw?

14. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Big prayers coming you and Gizmo’s way , Lizzie :bighug: When I have fed a/d in such situations I had to ease mine off of it by using it as a topper on healthier food for a few days. Mine LOVE a/d and I have to ween them off :rolleyes:

15. LizzieInTexas

Thanks Beth. I won't go so far to say he "loves" it but it is the only food he will eat. He wont even touch the Royal Recovery (not that it is any better). It might sound cruel but I am going to give him an 1/8 Mirtz and only put down the LC/low phos for 4 hours tonight (his numbers are running high enough) and see what happens.

I have tried mixing the a/d with his normal lc/lp food and he won't even eat it that way.

Vet wanted to put a feeding tube in him - I will not do that, so a/d is the alternative but it is time to get him back to the lc/lp food.

16. Bronx's dad (GA)

He's hanging in there, a little cranky lately but seems to move a little better now that we started adequan shots. Not sure you got my IM,, thx again for the package!.

Radcat is his main food, the local place here gave me samples first to see which flavors he liked. It is high-quality meat, here are their choices: http://www.radfood.com/products & nutritional analysis: http://www.radfood.com/products/nutritional_analysis

17. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope you can get Gizmo back to eating his LC food soon and the the prescription compounded. Sending prayers.

18. LizzieInTexas

I did get your IM - sorry for not replying. Glad Bronx likes his treats.

If they won't give me samples - which would you buy to try? I am thinking about getting 8oz of turkey, chicken and pork (need to call and see if they have it).

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
  19. LizzieInTexas

OMG, OMG, OMG!!!!

Natural Pawz has just opened a brand new store and it is less than 5 miles from my house and I can get there easily w/o a traffic headache!!!! They are just down the road from my doctors new offices and where my company is building the new headquarter (moving in 10/2018).

AND THEY CARRY RADCAT!! Finally something is going right.

BTW - @Bronx's dad - I had already called 5 locations listed from the link and none of them carry it. The last one actually took the time to look it up inventory at their other stores.

Gizmo has been having a stare down with his feeder since it turned 1-1/2 hours. He was refusing to eat (a/d). He was just sitting there staring at it. I guess he was hoping that it would miraculously change foods or something - lol. He just ate - all.of.it. :banghead::rolleyes:

20. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx used to like the chicken the best, but now he is liking the venison more. Least favs are beef & lamb.

LizzieInTexas likes this.
  21. LizzieInTexas

Do you thaw the container - divide then refreeze?

22. LizzieInTexas

PMPS=297

History:
    AMPS=217, +2=283

Ate the Soulistic for PS (YAY). I added the MMR in and will give meds @ +2. On my way to pick up BP meds and Radcat.

No luck getting compounded Cerenia. Tried two places here in Houston.

23. Beth 73

24. Bronx's dad (GA)

I get the 8oz size and take it out of the freezer when getting low from the previous container. I do not thaw and divide, I leave in the fridge and it does last 3-4 days. I used to get the larger size and used it 6-8 days but pet store owner told me that was a little too long.

25. LizzieInTexas

I got 2-8oz. 1 turkey, 1 chicken. They had another one of each and venison and something else. I put the chicken in the fridge to thaw and will try it starting tomorrow night. Is 3oz about right per cycle?

I used an empty Canna gelcap and put his Cerenia, BP and 1/4 Mirtz. Used my pill popper and buttered up the capsule and it was no drama. Still hasn't shown any interest in his +2.5 food but will just wait and see.

And the boy is pooing. At least once a day, sometimes 2x's and good form and moist. Still have to give the AB tonight. I was hoping he would eat before it.

26. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Gizmo will eat more for you tonight. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

27. LizzieInTexas

He has eaten about 1/2 of his +2.5 so far. Will wait it out and see if he eats any more and will probably put a bit of a/d down at +4.5 so he will eat something more tonight. Baby steps. It will help to have the weekend to not have to switch it because I can monitor.

28. Bronx's dad (GA)

Not sure how many ounces he gets each feeding, I kinda mix the Radcat with some canned. The Radcat will last 3-4 days once completely thawed. I start using it once the outside edges start thawing out and work my way in as it thaws. Bronx went crazy for it right away but some kitties need a little transitioning

29. LizzieInTexas

Lol. Play-by-play...

Finished his +2.5 with some sprinkles and a wee bit of encouragement. This was still the Soulistic. He then decided he was messed up enough on his meds and wanted cat nip on his scratcher (which I obliged) so I have one spaced out kitty right now who is sitting in front of the space heater but I think he is feeling better overall.

Decided to leave the +4.5 (added some sprinkles). He may eat it on his own later, I know he won't right away because he just finished eating.

30. Beth 73

Great news !! Atta boy Gizmo :bighug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.