02/11/20 Thomas J. AMPS 335, +7 255, PMPS 319, +4 286

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by LilTurkey, Feb 11, 2020.

1. LilTurkey

LilTurkey Member

02/10/20
    Changed to another old meter my brother doesn't use anymore, the Contour Next One, it takes more blood (0.6) compared to the Verio (0.4) but I don't have to worry about it resetting in the middle of taking blood because of an accidental jiggle where the strip pretty much locks in place. It's a nice meter, if I don't get enough blood it gives me 1 minute to finish filling the same strip instead of having to immediately throw it out and replace it.
    Had to poke Thomas 4 times this morning though, I set the lancing device a little lower today but where I usually set it must be best for getting enough blood without over poking him. He was quite patient today though, being a good boy. A little high this morning though. He ate well and got his injection without any problems. Hopefully this new dose will keep him down today as well.
    I bought the TRUEdraw lancing device with a box of 100 28 gauge lancets since you guys said that size will help with getting enough blood in the beginning. Also grabbed the Microlet Next lancing device as well since my brother has a bunch of Lancets for one but doesn't use it anymore. I guess having all this stuff already is the benefit of having a family member with diabetes.
    Hope everyone's day goes smoothly!

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  2. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Glad to hear you've got lots of supplies to use up! How perfect not to waste them! Yeah!

It sounds like Thomas might sorta be getting the idea that you're not trying to kill him...sounds like progress to me! It does take time and patience for them to learn that this isn't as bad as all that...and soon he'll surprise you by coming around to see you at test time! He's got a little work to do to get those numbers down but perhaps he's getting there mid-cycle - just have to wait and see - I try not to focus too much on the pre-shot values as those are usually the highest of the day - it's just a starting point. More importantly is the mid-cycle test to see how much impact this dose is having on him.

Keep up the good work! Have a great day!

LilTurkey likes this.
  3. LilTurkey

LilTurkey Member

Thanks for the encouragement! Hope you have a good day!

Sue and Luci likes this.
  4. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Progress is being made. Keep at it Thomas.

LilTurkey likes this.
  5. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Thomas is probably bouncing a little from that blue yesterday. Nice that he was a good boy about testing. I hope he comes back down today.

LilTurkey likes this.
  6. Christie & Maverick

Christie & Maverick Well-Known Member

If you haven't done so already on your SS (I poked my nose in from work and can't see your SS), it might be worth drawing a line and noting that you switched human meters, just so you'll be able to follow the pattern of numbers going forward with your new meter.

Time to work the juice Thomas ;)

LilTurkey likes this.
  7. LilTurkey

LilTurkey Member

That's a good idea, I'll do that once I figure out how exactly. Thank you!

Edit: I figured it out!

Last edited: Feb 11, 2020
    Reason for edit: Added extra information.
    Sonia & Leo likes this.