02-15 Dagobah and her stupid mother...

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Marie Dagobah&Nikita, Feb 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marie Dagobah&Nikita

Marie Dagobah&Nikita Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/02-13-dagobah-from-dka-to-hypo.191103/#post-2131272

Tout est dans le titre...
    Je vous raconte quand même... Cet après midi je surveille Dagobah de près, et la voyant au dessus de 300, j'applique le conseil de la vétérinaire: je lui donne 0,5UI de Novolin je surveille et je fais bien: on frôle l'hypo... Alors je prends note, et je me dis "ok, Lantus agit à +8"
    Ce soir à PMPS +2 elle repasse au dessus de 300, je me dis "encore 5h avant l'action de lantus, je lui donne un peu de novolin (0,5ui encore une fois) puis je réalise un détail important: ce matin elle a pris son repas en plusieurs fois; ce soir elle a tout mangé en une heure.
    je vous jure, j'en ai marre de moi!! (tout va bien, l'incident est maîtrisé, je reste pour m'assurer que tout aille bien et je vais me coucher!

2. PussCatPrince - GA

PussCatPrince - GA Well-Known Member

Nous avons tous un jour comme ça :bighug:

3. Marie Dagobah&Nikita

Everything is in the title...
    I tell you all the same ... This afternoon I watch Dagobah closely, and seeing her above 300, I apply the advice of the veterinarian: I give her 0.5 IU Novolin I monitor and I do well: we close to the hypo ... So I take note, and I say to myself "ok, Lantus acts at +8"
    Tonight at PMPS +2 she goes over 300, I say "still 5 hours before the action of lantus, I give her a little novolin" (0,5ui again) and then I realize an important detail: this morning she took her meal several times, and tonight she ate everything in an hour.
    I swear, I'm tired of me !! (All is well, the incident is under control, I stay to make sure everything goes well and I go to bed!

4. Marie Dagobah&Nikita

merci pour ton indulgence! moi je me giflerais!

thank you for your indulgence! I would slap myself

5. PussCatPrince - GA

PussCatPrince - GA Well-Known Member

Ne te frappe pas :facepalm:

:cat:

Marie Dagobah&Nikita likes this.
  6. Steph & Quintus & L & O

Steph & Quintus & L & O Well-Known Member

Ma pauvre chérie, ne sois pas si dure avec toi-même. Tu manques de sommeil, tu as eu une dure semaine... Un peu de self-compassion, allez! Courage :bighug::bighug::bighug:

7. Steph & Quintus & L & O

I'd be interested in hearing others, but wouldn't it make sense here to increase the dose of Lantus rather than keep on adding fast-acting insulin on top?

Elizabeth B likes this.
  8. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

I think I wouldn't use R at this point....just slowly increase the Lantus per protocol

I think the R may just add confusion to the mix

9. Marie Dagobah&Nikita

I didn't use R today, it was just the time for her to get well. From now we will follow TR (and try to leave this story behind us)

Thanks again for everything!! :)

10. Steph & Quintus & L & O

Goodnight choice on TR imho — do post here regularly to keep people informed on how it is going and get advice! TR is more agressive than SLGS, so you’ll want to follow closely.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.