02/16/20 Thomas J. AMPS 306, +6 283, PMPS 262, +4.5 213

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by LilTurkey, Feb 16, 2020.

1. LilTurkey

LilTurkey Member

02/15/20
    Fought me a bit last night and this morning, every time he sees the lancer he starts swiping at me. Still getting it in one go, he's just not cooperative about it is all.
    Great appetite this morning and easy injection still. Testing is the only hard part but the most important.
    Have a great day everyone!

2. Si am cat mom

Si am cat mom Well-Known Member

at least that injection is easier !
    I'd try getting the testing items out every once and awhile- not testing and giving a reward/ LC treat.

:) sometimes they just need a reset to associate the testing with something other than pricks. ~~~GOoD LuCK ~~~

LilTurkey likes this.
  3. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Oh these kitties...sounds like @toomanycats -Buzzy and Thomas have been discussing how to behave during the test...all Mr. Wigglies this morning...

I hope he settles down soon...it sounds like you're getting the hang of all his antics though and getting the test done!

Hope he comes back down today! Please try to get a mid-cycle test to see what this dose is doing for him :)

LilTurkey likes this.
  4. LilTurkey

LilTurkey Member

I agree, need to do it more often. I'm sure I'll see a change if I work with him more. Thank you!

Sue and Luci likes this.
  5. LilTurkey

LilTurkey Member

It seems like it. I attempt to distract him with treats but he's too quick and lifts his head back up as soon as he feels me hover over him. Can't poke quick enough. I usually sit in the floor with him but in this case I'll stand up then crouch over and poke real quick if he'll let me. Doesn't always work but it seems to make it easier at least.
    Yes, I'll be getting a mid- day test. Doesn't seem like he's going much lower though. I plan on increasing to 1 unit tomorrow, hope all goes well.
    Thank you!

6. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope the testing gets easier. Do you give him loving at test time before and after you test? That's what I do with Furball.

LilTurkey likes this.
  7. LilTurkey

LilTurkey Member

Thank you. I sure do.