02/19/2020 Salem PMPS 77

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Tina and Salem, Feb 19, 2020.

1. Tina and Salem

Tina and Salem Well-Known Member

Good Morning

Salems starting to get back on track back in the greens again yeah ! I’m sorry I been so busy and been sick .
    the doctors at the Carolina Vein Center said my veins were good ! But I have a condition I was born with . When your born with its called primary when something brings it out it’s called secondary . My back surgery in 20-3 brought it out . When they operated the damage a lymph node . If you have cancer treatment it can damage the nose too causing it to come out . I have Lymphedema . It has to do with the immune system . My body does not control the fluids in my body like it’s suppose to. That’s why my kegs and feet swell . I coukd possible see my arms and hands swell too . Which I have before . It’s very painful . With sores and blisters . I have the one wagers one leg is swollen more than the other . I will have to wear compression socks and get a pump for my legs so I may bring the fluid back io from my legs . I can get infection very easy .
    Which I have had since my bs k surgery I was in the hospital once for theee days cause when I cut my leg while shaving it got infected and I had to get antiobirucs through I s . I have had infections under my arm pits too they are very painful too . I had cut my self shaving under my arms .

It explains skit if things I ha w been seeing since my back surgery . I will have to take medicine for it . But there is no cure for it . I will have to use that pump to circulate the fluids then moisturize my body everyday with lotion then walk and exercise
    I hope everyone has a good day !

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/2-18-20-salem-pmps-75.225841/#post-2529034

Last edited: Feb 19, 2020
  2. toomanycats

toomanycats Member

Oh wow I'm sorry things are so rough & painful for you <3
    salem's spreadsheet is very pretty all blue and green ;)

Tina and Salem likes this.
  3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm sorry you have to deal with that. I hope the treatments help. Sending prayers.

Nice start for Salem today. I hope he surfs safely.

4. Laura & Chanel

Laura & Chanel Member

Hey Tina, so sorry for how much pain you are in. Good grief, that is almost inhumane treatment. I hope they can give you something mild for pain management that will not affect you even more. Maybe a anti-inflammation diet? I am saying this because I have an auto-immune thing that gets my joints swollen every time I eat animal protein, especially meat. I hope you will feel better soon, I will pray for you.
    I have a question about Salem's SS. On Jan 7 he was on 1.5 and then next day you increased to 1.75. Any reason you wanted to do that? I am not questioning your decision, it was the right one. I am trying to figure out my baby's strategy because she was mostly in the blues but today she saw a huge increase to 280 and I am not sure I manage her diabetes the right way. Could you please let me know your strategy regarding the dosing? Maybe it may help my baby see more greens and less blues and forget about the yellows :bighug:.
    Thank you so much.

5. Tina and Salem

Hey Laura ,
    Yes it’s a mess this lymphedema . I got to also go to a special person who can drain my fluids to the right places in my body. Thru massage therapy . Autoimmune disease is a mess too . My doctor been suspecting I had something wrong with my immune system since my back surgery .
    Salem the way I look at his sheet is I know cats bounce sometimes when they are into a new low blood sugar . But if I see his patterns not just going up for a few days starting to go up gradually in the blues .. if I see he’s having less greens all of a sudden and when he’s been green and flat and stable for awhile I decide to increase . I dnt look at his preshot numbers or if I’m late or I did a fur shot and he missed his insulin . I look at his pattern go from green alk day slowing going up as he’s insulin wears off if I dnt see that and all of s sudden he’s just going up from blue to yellow I increase . But I also make sure he’s been like that for ten cycles before I increase . But like everyone says you have to Becareful in reading if he’s or she’s being having low numbers so if they go under you catch it . And if they go under 50 you decrease . I hope it helps . Have a good day and I hope you have your autoimmune under control and your feeling ok .

6. Laura & Chanel

Laura & Chanel Member

Thank you so much for your insight. I will definitely try to revise my approach with Chanel. She does like low numbers like 50-60 on TR. Truth being told she behaves like a 1-year old baby kitten at those times, no signs of hypo, just playing like a nutty. And she does not mind licking a little honey, you would think she planned for it :)
    Thank you so much and please take good care of yourself. As for me, I have this stupid thing since I was 12, so I am kind of used to it, but leaving the animal product behind helped in getting rid of the pain. Of course, it does not help everybody, it was a good choice in my case however.

7. Tina and Salem

It’s not that he’s sugar is just going up from his insulin wearing off or he’s bouncing I see it’s just going up in numbers and not so many greens in there even if I know he’s hit some low numbers

8. Tina and Salem

I still go by most of there rules for sure this place is great ! I think that’s the only rule I break . but if I see him act that way I go by there rules ten cycles before increasing but watch for hypo it’s just that every cat is different . ECID .. lol I have learned a lot from these folks they are great here ! Cause even though Salem hits those low numbers increasing doesn’t seem to affect those numbers . Just be careful and watch closely . Salem doesn’t usually go under either mych but he’s pretty easy to get back up too . I’m thinking my meter might have been off in his low numbers . Cause they tell me his lows doesn’t give much room to increase but he does ok . Good luck !

Last edited: Feb 19, 2020
  9. Laura & Chanel

Laura & Chanel Member

Could you please have a look at Chanel's SS and let me know if you think she needs to go up? As I said, she did not mind the low numbers. The downside is that I am at work during day and the little one goes crazy during day when she can do whatever she wants :)
    Thank you so so much. Sorry for being such a pest but I would love to see Chanel surfing the greens :cat::kiss:

10. Tina and Salem

Your not a pest ! If I dnt understand how her numbers or how her patterns are I won’t be able to tell if I should tell you to increase but if I understand her patterns I will diffently say whether I would I’m still fairly new too I been giving his insulin since dec last year . He was diagnosed in August 20-19 but I tried the change of food first cause I’m broke lol then he got worse so I had to rush to get DCIN to help me cause he ended up DKA he almost died they helped me get him in the er and start him on insulin . I dnt want to tell you something wrong and harm your kitty . But I diffently will look see what I see .

11. Laura & Chanel

Laura & Chanel Member

omg, I am so sorry to hear that. your poor baby got some tough times, and now you are in pain. Oh man, you guys do not get any break :(. Any chance you will feel better if the weather improves?

12. Tina and Salem

She looks like salems pattern almost . I would wait til your on the decrease for at least ten cycles . Thats .. 2 12 hour cycles a day so count 2 x each day . Wait two more days . See what she does first on this dose before you do anything unless she hits under 50 then you decrease again . Let’s see what she does I. Two more days . Pm me on the second day by the evening . See what she does ok . Glad to look

13. Tina and Salem

I guess we just take it day by day that’s what I do . Thanks ! Have a great day .

14. Laura & Chanel

Laura & Chanel Member

Thank you very much. I hope she will do well because this morning she wanted to scratch me when I wanted to test her BG. She always does that when she is in high numbers...shhh, she knows hahahahaha. I left some food out for her but she does not like to eat alone, she likes company and me holding the can. Very stubborn and demanding, but totally funny and ready to play.
    Thank you very much Tina for taking a look at her SS, I will PM you Friday then? Probably I will have a value at lunchtime since I am going home every day to feed her (2 hours for 10 minutes hahahaha).

15. Tina and Salem

Salems the same way he keep bugging me meowing the other day . He had plenty of food it was fresh food sometimes he gets tired of the same old food but as soon as I stood there he started eating lol . He wanted me to stand there while he ate ! They are characters ! Dnt work too hard . Yes pm me Friday evening when you can I’m home most of the time . Your welcome .

16. Laura & Chanel

Laura & Chanel Member

LOL, yes they are a mess, but I think we love them just for that. you please take care of yourself and I will PM you Friday evening. Enjoy your day and hugs and kisses for Salem :kiss::bighug::kiss::bighug::kiss::bighug::kiss::bighug: