02/19 J.D. AMPS 97, PMPS 433

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Dyana, Feb 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Good Morning!!

J.D. has been dropping again all night.
    PMPS 295
    +6 189
    +9.25 130
    +11.5 112
    Today, I am scared to shoot the full dose. If this was the weekend, I would be excited to shoot the full dose and to see what he does, but today I'll be away at work for 10 hours.

Any advise or encouragement is much appreciated. Thanks!

Yesterday's Thread

2. Bo & Jake

Bo & Jake Well-Known Member

Re: 02/19 J.D. PM +11.5 112 Advise Please

Good morning,Dyana!
    I don't know if I'm gonna be much help with dosing.
    I checked Your SS and think that J.D. will probable going up in few hrs - I would shoot full dose. He is long time DX (like my Jake) and 2.5f is not high dose.
    Do You have time to test +2?
    On the end You do what is Your guts telling You! You know the best Your boy.
    I just try to be support here!
    Have a nice Furrday!

3. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Re: 02/19 J.D. PM +11.5 112 Advise Please

Thanks Bo! My fat is a very tiny fat on the dose. MAYBE, I will have the BOS to just shoot 2.5 (in 2 minutes nailbite_smile ) and then leave out some MC in the automatic feeder nailbite_smile nailbite_smile nailbite_smile
    If I shoot now, I can just almost get a +2 before I walk out the door.

4. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Re: 02/19 J.D. AMPS 97 Support Please

I shaved the fat off the dose, and shot. God Bless me and J.D.
    He ate his soupy 1/4 can of LC FF with sprinkles on top.

5. JaniceandSpike

JaniceandSpike Well-Known Member

Can you get a +1 and a +2 test? Spike does a dip a lot before preshot time and his food always brings him up.

6. Nina and KB

Nina and KB Well-Known Member

((( Dyana ))) Our boys are hanging out together this morning. I didn't have an overnight spot check, though. BOS and a bit of nailbite_smile here, too.

I'm sure JD will be fine...

7. Bo & Jake

he ate only 1/4 can of FF? What's J.D.'s weight?
    I'm sure that hes gonna do fine when You are gone. Will wait for +2

8. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Re: 02/19 J.D. +0.5 105

Bo, J.D. weighs about 16.5 pounds. He normally eats about two to three 1/4 can meals every morning and every night, plus whatever he eats from the automatic feeder when I go to work. He has stayed at 16.5 pounds for about year.

I think I'll dig out my 10% FF that I bought for these occasions.

9. jan and Hep and sara (GA)

jan and Hep and sara (GA) Well-Known Member

Dyana,

I know the feeling. I'm sure it helps you to know that he has food in his automatic feeder while you are gone. It is hard to be away from your furbaby that long and you worry about how they are doing. I've been there.

Have a good friday.

jan and sara

10. Amy and Pedro

Amy and Pedro Member

Go BOS-
    Nerve wracking that they can't just wait one more day to do these things. Sounds like J.D. had food he needs to keep him going thru the day.

11. Nina and KB

We love our feeder, too, what a lifesaver.

12. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

I also love the auto feeder but if you are ever worried about there not being enough in it or the feeder not turning, you can always do what I do in the morns:
    I fill the feeder but her breakfast is in a separate bowl outside of the feeder and it is a larger portion.
    I have watched Shadoe over the weekends and she will eat from the big bowl till the feeder turns and she goes for the fresh stuff. if it's a time frame when she is a little bit hungrier than her ration, I have seen her turn to that breakfast bowl.
    I like to call that bowl her 'food shed'. :D
    Since I am at work, having her numbers go up from a bit of extra food, is not really happening if I don't see it, right? haha_smiley

I can't comment on dose at all, and Shadoe stays high and flat no matter what we do, so all I have is some support for you.
    Whatever is better, only you know how you feel, and how J.D. reacts, so go with what will allow you to leave and stay less worried. I don't think J.D. will complain about a few extra bits of food tossed his way, after all, he's a growing boy, so we don't want him wasting away! Just kidding, but putting out a bit more food helps calm me down.

13. Deb & Spot

Deb & Spot Well-Known Member

Very nice amps for JD this morning Dyana. I especially like the fact that you have those BOS going on. Food in timed feeder should be good, especially if you are going to stick in 10% FF. Going to send some surfing vines to JD and some breath, relax, he'll be fine vibes to you!

14. Brenda and Morris

Brenda and Morris Member

Just wanted to congratulate you on your BOS and giving (almost) the full shot...nice hootin'! :RAHCAT I'm sure J.D. will be fine. :YMHUG:

15. Bo & Jake

hey,Dyana! You forgot to post Your +1 or +2!
    I sneak at Your SSand see GREEN 95 at +1
    Probable You arein rush----hope You left some HC.
    Now J.D. surf,surf boy!

16. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Re: 02/19 J.D. +1.5 115, +2 95

Thanks for all your support, everyone.

Yesterday, I was stressed a little leaving him with a dropping number in the blues. Today, I left him with a dropping number in the greens ARGGGG!
    I'm at work, and not much time to write. I am freaking out a little here. I imagine my hair turning gray from the roots down to the ends of the long shafts.
    He went up to 115 at what I called +1.5 at 7:19am and went down to 95 when I walked out the door at 7:36am (that's 20 points down in 17 minutes!!!!)
    I left out a total of 1 can of LC (frozen) FF, and 2 cans of 10% FF and 1 can of 6% Friskies (some in their regular bowls, some in the automatic feeder, and some in a bowl on top of my bed (where they sleep all day long). My stomach is in knots.....I want to pace back and forth, and scream, and cry......
    I can't wait to get home.

17. Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA

Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA Well-Known Member

Well, JD's spreadsheet sure looks good today! I hope the rest of the day goes smoothly.

18. Sara & Magnolia

Sara & Magnolia Member

Hi Dyana,

You need a pokey pixie to go to your house to check on him while you are at TBP! It sounds like you left him plenty of treats, he really should be fine. Try not to stress out all day, it's bad for you.

Remember meter variance too. Maybe he dropped 20 points in 17 minutes or maybe it was just the meter.

19. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I know exactly what you mean. I think there is a career for someone who could visit with our kitties during the day and get some tests in so we don't worry ourselves sick. I guess it would be the equivalent of a dog walker (a cat tester?). Although, in my kitty's case, they'd need armor plating.

20. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Thank you all so much, I'll try not to stress. J.D. will be fine. J.D. will be fine. J.D. will be fine.

21. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Now, don't you worry. Grey is a very nice hair color; distinguished looking and demanding of authority!
    I am sure that J.D. will have plenty of food, will surf the greens, all day long, and will waddle up to the door on your return home, 5lb bigger with all that food haha_smiley

As good as meters are, they always have that variance to be factored in.
    I think kitties are pretty smart, and they know when to eat a bit if needed.

J.D. will be able to take care of himself just fine till you get home.

22. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

DYANA! You have been on here a long time & I have followed you all along.
    You know your cat! You know what to do when he does his crazy numbers thing. nailbite_smile
    You have taken amazing care of him, since I know you...
    You are in control! ;-) --You knew to give a lower dose & I am sure he will be fine!
    He has his food out!! You have managed this cat for how long now?
    Gone to work full time. and he has gotten so much better!
    I'll put my money on you to do the right thing, as like I said, You know your cat!
    Dont distrust yourself..You are doing so well--HUGS~! :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :RAHCAT

23. Bo & Jake

Dyana,I bet that J.D. is so happy with all the buffee You left and poke/free lazy day.
    He'll be fine,don't worry!
    See Ya at PM!

24. Jen and Oreo (GA)

Jen and Oreo (GA) Well-Known Member

(((Dyana))), JD will be fine. He has a nice buffet to choose from for his feeding pleasure today.

Breathe... :smile:

25. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Today at work, was one of the longest days.

We just returned from our evening walk.
    I gave J.D. 0.20 of R. It probably won't help much now, but maybe next cycle.

Almost all of the food I left out for this afternoon was eaten, when I returned home from work (except the 1 previously frozen can of FF which they normally don't touch). J.D. walked, ate, and has gone off to bed..

Thanks for all your support today. I really needed it! There was a time when I felt my heart racing at work.
    If ony I could just call J.D., and ask him how he was feeling..ya know?

26. Nicole & Baby

Nicole & Baby Well-Known Member

Droppin thru to check on J.D & you.. wow.. what a day! Sorry I missed the excitement!
    You did a great job today... being nervous is no fun.. ouch for the bounce... maybe J.D. will come done nicely.. hopefully!
    Baby & I are cheering you both on..

J. :RAHCAT D. :RAHCAT

27. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

How u doing Dyana?

having some quiet snuggly time with JD? Or is he still napping away? :lol:
    Not liking that bounce JD, why dont u do some fun stuff in the evenings when mom's home huh? :dizcat

28. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

J.D. is out and snoring lightly. I was wondering what the little noise was, and it's J.D. :smile: He had a day, today.
    I'll have to wake him up to get a +2 on the R. Again, I know the R against the liver fight,, and the liver is very strong!

29. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

what an exciting condo today, BOS, kitty food buffets, a nice walk, a little R, and a really good nap. Great job today, Dyana, I think you managed today great.

30. Amy and Six

Amy and Six Well-Known Member

Handsome boy causing some excitement and gray hairs today!

Well done Dyana!!!

I think you're a bettin' woman (based on Shadoe's condo)...I'm thinking we could start the official FDMB lotto club for all of us mama beans who just want to stay home to take care of their kitties. Just have to figure out the logistics!

31. Nina and KB

I think KB snores more when his numbers are higher but it's one of the few things that I don't put on his SS so I'm not sure.

Hate these bounces.

32. joyce-tuscany(GA)

joyce-tuscany(GA) Well-Known Member

J.D. was probably in 7th heaven having all that food to choose from. Hope his overindulged bounce doesn't last him too long. I feel your stress being a work with numbers going wonky - There's been days where my lunch was spent driving back and forth just to get a quick test....

33. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

oh dyana, just coming to this now... hours and hours later. this sure can be nerve-wracking, huh?
    hope the bounce clears quickly...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.