02/24 Diamond 330 amps Dosing question

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by krazy4kritters, Feb 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. krazy4kritters

krazy4kritters Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/02-22-diamond-334-amps.191562/#post-2137148
    I apologize for being such a dough head about increasing Diamond's dose on TR. I'm a bit confused on info about dose increase stated on Tilly's web page:

Phase 2: Increasing the dose
    Most cats need to have their dose increased. Do it in 0.25 IU or 0.5 IU steps (0.25 IU if the cat is getting a low dose and/or relatively low BGs, 0.5 IU if the cat is getting a higher dose and/or relatively high BGs). Hold each dose for 5-7 days. However, if the cat is producing continuously high BGs (nadir always >=300 mg/dl), only hold the dose for 2-3 days before increasing it by 0.5 IU. Alternatively, if the cat is continuously producing moderately elevated BGs (nadir always >=200 mg/dl), increase the dose every 2-3 days by 0.25 IU ( if the cat is getting a low dose) or 0.5 IU (if the cat is getting a higher dose). From this point onward test for ketones once per week, or more often if the nadirs are still >=200 mg/dl.

Can someone please look at Diamond's SS and make a suggestion? To me, his numbers are high and all over the place. It looks to me like I should increase dose by .5 IU at this pm shot.

2. krazy4kritters

krazy4kritters Member

I went ahead and increased his dose by .5 per info suggested for phase 2 in protocol.

3. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

From the TR protocol sticky:
    (I found the quote from Tillie's unnecessarily confusing)
    You did the right thing. Hope this will get rid of those stinky pinkies!

krazy4kritters likes this.
  4. krazy4kritters

krazy4kritters Member

I know, Right? I read that over and over and finally just jumped for upping the dose .5.
    Thank you for reassuring me I did the right thing!
    ~Nicole

5. krazy4kritters

krazy4kritters Member

Yay, getting numbers in the yellow now!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.