03/06 Diamond 172 amps +4 249 +6 268 Need help figuring #s out

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by krazy4kritters, Mar 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. krazy4kritters

krazy4kritters Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/03-04-diamond-amps-387-4-263-what-happened.192070/
    I can't make heads or tails of his numbers. I think he is due for a .25 increase but I'm not sure because his numbers are all over the place. Please check out his SS. I've been working a bit more so I haven't got as much data the past few days. Should I be adding more things i.e. Meals.
    Cat thirty (5:30 am & pm) is when our routine starts and is the same every day.
    Am I prepare a Sheba portion adding a Zobaline. Check BG and give him the food after. Then I prepare shot and breaskast for him and the other three cats. @ ~ 5:45 I give Diamond a can of FF and shot him while he is eating.
    Pm is basically the same without the Sheba and Zobaline.
    Snacks (usually a Sheba portion or 1/2 can of FF) vary but usually happen 2-3 times. 1-2 between am and pm and one after pm.

2. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

Per TR, if your cat is new to nadirs under 200, you would hold the dose for 8-10 cycles, you have done 12, so you are good to go for an increase to 2.5. Diamond is a bouncy boy so far! Hopefully the increase will help him get more used to blues. :cool::cool::cool:

krazy4kritters likes this.
  3. krazy4kritters

krazy4kritters Member

@Stacy & Asia Thank-you for your advice. Perfect timing too! It's shot time. I'll go ahead and increase to 2.5.

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  4. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

Just be prepared to monitor, he dropped from pink to blue last night and now you're giving more juice. Sometimes it takes a couple cycles to see what an increase does, but for my cat it's almost always shown right away. :rolleyes:

Good luck! :cat:

krazy4kritters likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.