03/07 Gizmo PMPS=164, +2=157, +4=175

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by LizzieInTexas, Mar 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

03/06 +11 166

AMPS 185

Have a great day.

Thinking about switching back to TR - now that I have a little more experience and understand it better. The only thing is I would want to wait until 8-10 cycles to increase if needed - that is Gizmo's schedule for seeing movement on a dose.

I read over the protocols last night - what else is a big difference?

What do you all think?

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice start for Gizmo. One of the differences is the number for a reduction. With SLGS it's 90. With TR it's under 50. I would have done TR if I had felt more comfortable increasing the dose during the work week. Instead I just tweaked SLGS and lowered the reduction to 50.

3. Osha

Osha Well-Known Member

Nice AMPS Gizmo!:cat:

LizzieInTexas likes this.
  4. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Nice start for Gizmo And as Carla said, the reduction point is different and no dry food on TR.

Have a nice day Lizzie .

5. LizzieInTexas

Thank you. That is the kind of suggestions I am looking for. It doesn't matter about increasing on the weekends because he gets an initial small dip and then it takes 8-10 cycles to see. Like this morning (8th cycle), which puts me in the middle of the week :banghead:

I want to be a little more aggressive. He doesn't hold reductions and I am trying to figure out what I can do about it. Now that he has had the dental and BW is good, I know that there isn't anything else going on except the possible pancreatitis flare.

IDK - just thinking out loud.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2017
  6. LizzieInTexas

Thanks. It is also more aggressive on dose increases too? Right?
    Gotta go check out Bubba's condo. So exciting! :nailbiting::D

7. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

You can also wait for three times under the reduction number before you take the reduction.

8. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Yes, on TR you can change the dose every 3 days to 6 cycles.

9. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

TR worked well for Bronx and you monitor Gizmo closely enough. The only downside I guess would be the slight chance of going past that perfect dose, especially for low-dosage kitties. Nice start for the day! :cool:

10. LizzieInTexas

I may run home at nadir and see what he does today. I should have time if the 9a meeting doesn't run too long.

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  11. LizzieInTexas

PMPS 164

History:
    AMPS=185, +1.5=210, +5.5=159

12. Sandy and Black Kitty

Sandy and Black Kitty Well-Known Member

Nice PMPS ...a kitty could go places from there ;)

Good job on getting some PM+11s, they make morning shooting decisions much easier.

If it were me, I'd give TR a try.

13. LizzieInTexas

I was doing TR when I started last fall. I had almost 4 weeks of vacation I had to take so it made it a bit easier of a decision. And he was much more bouncy then. I now know that 6 cycles are too quick for him - he needs at least 8, 10 is better to see the full affect of a dose. After the first of the year I backed off being AS aggressive due to work and no being able to test as frequently.

Now I have more knowledge, Gizmo isn't as bouncy and he has had his teeth cleaned and BW done a couple of weeks ago (everything good) and I think he is on the downward side of a pancreatitis flare (I hope).

I think I am going to try and do reductions after 3/under 50 and see how that goes. It is just hard. I am scared to push it that far, I haven't but I have to do something to see if I can at least get him regulated.

To be honest the numbers are bitter sweet tonight. Having a very difficult time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.