03/08 Furball +10=225 AMPS=272 +10.5=198 PMPS=301

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by carfurby (GA), Mar 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Yesterday: http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...0-251-amps-279-10-5-80-pmps-114-2-141.192202/

Furball was happy & purry this morning. She is bouncing from her trip to the lagoon yesterday. I reduced her dose last night even though I didn't see 60 or below. She is being very bouncy this time around on insulin and I'm thinking it's because she is hitting green when I'm at work. I can always go back up if she doesn't stay in good numbers.

Poor Simba's mouth was bothering her a lot this morning, but she did eat. I think I got a short "shot" or her pain meds last night. The transdermal bupe is in pre-measured syringes. We all know how off the lines on syringes are. It seemed like less bupe came out when I put it on her ear. I've noticed the amount of bupe seems different sometimes when I give it. I hate how off syringes are.

HWright and Ann & Maggie11 (GA) like this.
  2. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Poor Simba! I hope the bupe helps her to be comfortable. Yes those darn syringes can really vary in amounts.

Nice that FB made it to the Lagoon. Slide back down sweet girl.

3. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

I hope the dosecrease stops all the bouncing and keeps Furball in good, more even numbers all day.

Aw, poor Simba. I hate prefilled syringes! Besides the lines being off, I've found vet techs aren't always as picky as I am to pull the correct dose. We had air bubbles in some, some over the line, some under. Thankfully, the vet agreed to give me a tiny bottle of the bupe that I can measure myself, I use the same oral syringe every time (washing it, of course), doesn't matter if the lines are wonky, as long as I measure to the same line each time, it's accurate. Maybe they can compound it for you in a similar fashion where you can pull the amount yourself to put on her ear?

I can upload a photo later of what it looks like if you want, the bottle has a hole in the top that the oral syringe fits perfectly in, and I can turn it upside down and pull out the dose very much like we do for insulin. The oral syringe has a hub clearing mechanism so none of the bupe is wasted and left in the syringe.

4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Thanks Stacy. I've used oral bupe before and prefer it, but I can't give it to Simba. She clamps her mouth shut and won't let me give her any meds that way. I'm stuck with the transdermal. I don't think they'd give it to me and let me measure it myself.

5. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Nice on reaching the lagoon yesterday!

6. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Prayers that whatever bupe gets administered that it’s the exact amount Simba needs :bighug: You are an unbelievable momma bean, Carla:bighug: Blessings and prayers to your Thursday :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.