03/08 Gizmo PMPS=230, +2=293, +4=277, +11=222

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by LizzieInTexas, Mar 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

03/07 +11 242

AMPS 278

Keeping Karen in my heart today. :bighug:

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Gizmo gives you more blue today.

LizzieInTexas likes this.
  3. Osha

Osha Well-Known Member

Nice blue yesterday Gizmo. Come on back down.

Have a nice day Lizzie!

4. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

Mornings here will not be the same w/o a daily Doodles condo, thoughts and prayers for Karen who was the best mommy any kitty could ever have.

5. LizzieInTexas

:(
    She sure is.

Bronx is looking really good. Not even a blip (well, a small, short one) from the skipped dose. Are you considering treatment for Bronx?

Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
  6. Bronx's dad (GA)

By the end of the week we are starting a drug trial being monitored by the RVC in England called cabergoline, seemed to work in a about 1/3rd of patients in a human Acromegaly trial. But drug is currently used as a one-time dose to end pregnancy in cats so there are risks for long-term use. There is a place here in NJ that is getting a new machine for SRT and will be in place in May and am seriously considering it depending how the trial drug goes.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
  7. LizzieInTexas

How exciting. I had no idea you could get in on that trial. I thought (limited reading/knowledge) that you had to go to England. Any side effects from the drug or is it just either/or? It will either work or not? How long afterward until you know if it worked?

I have to admit I have little knowledge on Acrocat.

8. Bronx's dad (GA)

No idea of the results so far with other kitties, wish I did know how they are doing. I will have to do periodic IGF-1 tests which are about $200 each time. From the RVC: "The main possible side effects of cabergoline are gastrointestinal (diarrhea, vomiting or reduced appetite), other side effects include increased insulin sensitivity and risk of low blood glucose if insulin is given without appropriate monitoring, ,mild sedation, and rare cases of excitability, fine muscle tremors and seizures have been reported, abortion in pregnant cats and dogs (the drug should not be handled by pregnant women), very rare cases of allergic reactions have occurred, such as swelling of the face or limbs, skin reddening and itching."

9. LizzieInTexas

Yikes! :nailbiting: I am sure some of that is just the necessary precautions.

So it is a pill? Given daily? Weekly? For how long? Are you going to start a thread on the Acromegaly / IAA / Cushings Cats forum to track the progress? I would like to follow along.

10. Bronx's dad (GA)

Yeah, those possible side effects do scare me but Bronx needs something to hold him over until May. His bony growth pain is getting worse, has trouble walking far or down the stairs. Once a day pill or liquid form and they will increase it if needed based on the IGF-1 #s that come in. I did start a thread in the acro forum. Wish us luck!

11. LizzieInTexas

PMPS 230

History:
    AMPS=278, +1.5=301

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.