03/10 Chaos +6 118, PMPS 248

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Violet and Chaos, Mar 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Violet and Chaos

Violet and Chaos Well-Known Member

yesterday: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=38514

Thank you for all the kind words about my pretty white boy on YouTube!

Good morning, everyone! :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: is much needed...what else is new?

Chaos has made his way to the yellow floor again today. He's driving me nuts with this yellow stuff! No greens for the past couple days... more juice maybe? It seems like every time I get excited about his numbers, he brings them back up again.

Last night was good, at least Chaos gave me permission to go out. He had a pink PMPS and was at 216 when I got back from my friends'. There was a huge sniff-fest when I got home, as my friends have six kitties. We were inspected and apparently passed the nose test, head butts and happy greetings were handed out afterward.

Purry test and shot complete, brefffis hoovered up, P's in place except for playing. That comes later, maybe. Ever since his movie premiered, Chaos has been sort of a pain... walking around the house in tiny sunglasses, demanding bottled water for his bowl, muttering about his coloring being too pale for the red carpet... I've created a monster!

2. Iorwen & Tray

Iorwen & Tray Well-Known Member

Re: 03/10 Chaos AMPS 263

oh dear Chaos has become one of those diva like stars! :lol: However will you manage his ego?

I hear you on the yo yo numbers, just when you're all happy they creep back up. Hopefully Chaos won't need more juice and you'll see some green soon

3. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

Good morning guys .. This isn't a horrible way to start the day, mid yellow means there could very well be action today .. That is to funny about chaos becoming the little diva movie star :lol: Hope he can handle the fame .. have a great day guys!

4. mybuddybinks

mybuddybinks Well-Known Member

well, diva's better than the Mel Gibson/Charlie Sheen route!! :lol:

5. Violet and Chaos

Re: 03/10 Chaos AMPS 263, +3 239

Celi, you're so right... DH and I get our daily giggles from Charlie Sheen and his tirades but I would not want a cat that crazy. I think the ego will fade in time; cats are notorious for short attention spans.

Not a lot of action from the boy yet today. He's only down to 239 at +3. Meh.

6. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Re: 03/10 Chaos AMPS 263, +3 239

I agree with Devon....flat yellows often means some action is coming!!! Hope you'll be home tonight :lol: :lol:

7. Violet and Chaos

Re: 03/10 Chaos AMPS 263, +3 239, +6 118

well, we got a little action already; 118 at +6, which makes me happy. Chaos looks pretty good in blue. :D

8. Georgia and Simon (GA)

Georgia and Simon (GA) Well-Known Member

Way to come down, Chaos!

9. Karrie and Maverick

Karrie and Maverick Well-Known Member

I look forward to visiting you and Chaos everyday. Your Movie Star is looking great!!!! What awesome numbers. Give him a big hug!!!

10. Violet and Chaos

Thanks, Karrie! I am pretty pleased with this cycle considering his tendency to bounce. He didn't come down hard enough to bounce this time, I hope, so maybe he'll show me something nice and green tonight or tomorrow morning.

We've had a really nice day. Chaos inspected my hair and make-up today for some reason. I'm glad he approves. :D He's happily eating his 1st round of dinner, which he wanted so bad it was pitiful.

I still don't know how I'm getting such high PS readings when he hasn't eaten for hours. Also, I'm curious to know how much other beans are feeding their kitties of comparable weight. Chaos is about 12-13 lbs right now and I think he looks pretty good. He eats probably about 8 or 9 oz of food every day if I add in what he eats out of civie's bowl. I figure this into his feedings, it's so predictable! :lol: Does that sound like a reasonable amount of food for a cat his size?

What with all the paparazzi he is suddenly very concerned about his weight and appearance. ;-)

11. Karrie and Maverick

Karrie and Maverick Well-Known Member

Every cat is different with the amount they eat - just like every human is. So only use others responses as a guide to see how Chaos compares, not that you are over or underfeeding. But I hear yah on the appearance. Cat fights galore on the LL entertainment channel.

Is Chaos still in liver training school? I don't know how the experts tell :lol:

12. Christie & Willie (GA)

Christie & Willie (GA) Well-Known Member

Give that boy an oscar already!!! LOL

Love that he is now fulfilling his superstar destiny... and now is very concerned about the appearance of those around him! :lol: :lol:

Willie is higher tonight too... hopefully our boys will have some nice surf action later!!

13. Violet and Chaos

I think I need directed to information on liver training school if anyone can give me the right link.

14. dian and wheezer

dian and wheezer Well-Known Member

Re: 3/5 Trixie AMPS 354 - Bounce Questions

Postby Sienne and Gabby ยป Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:06 am
    Gayle provided the picturesque explanation of a bounce. On the more technical side, the body has a protective mechanism to guard against low BG levels. If numbers either are low or a drop in BG is too quick, this automatic protective response is triggered. What occurs is that the glucose sensor system in the central nervous system triggers the release of glucagon which in turn prompts the liver to release glucose and, in addition, other counterregulatory hormones (e.g., epinephrine, cortisol, growth hormone) are released all of which elevate BG levels. It can take up to 72 hours for the bounce to clear. It's helpful to keep in mind that this is a normal and protective process -- even thought it's rather annoying!

As your cat's body becomes more used to lower numbers, the liver will overreact less and less. We refer to this as Liver Training School (LTS).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.