03/10 Vyktor PMPS 250 +3 247

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Vyktors Mum, Mar 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vyktors Mum

Vyktors Mum Well-Known Member

Showing off some great surfing skills but I'm getting a bit nervous about changing the insulin cartridge on these numbers! Better do it for tonight's shot though so I am home for a few cycles following in case there is a big effect.

Recap:

241 AMPS
    241 +2
    180 +6
    137 +9
    122 PMPS
    144 +2.25 - oops distracted on the board and missed +2
    140 +4
    133 +6
    135 +10

Yesterday: http://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=65751

2. Monica and Atticus (GA)

Monica and Atticus (GA) Member

Re: 03/10 Vyktor AMPS 146

Nice surfin', Vyktor! Don't do anything crazy tonight. Good luck with the cartridge switch, Serryn.

3. Vyktors Mum

Re: 03/10 Vyktor AMPS 146 +3 95

The point may prove to be moot because the way he's looking today he might earn his dose reduction but, if he doesn't, does anyone think it's a good idea to reduce the dose on the cartridge change over tonight?

4. Linda for Weezer

Linda for Weezer Well-Known Member

I don't have an answer on changing the dose with a new cartridge. I suppose if you had a good reason to suspect the old insulin is toast you might want to reduce a bit, but with the numbers Vyktor is getting, it looks like the insulin is working. That was a fine blue surf last night, and looks like green is the color of the day . :mrgreen:

5. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Hey Serryn,
    If you're worried about switching the cartridge tonight, why not wait until tomorrow morning? Play it safe and don't do the reduction (if there is one) in the same cycle you change the cartridge. It isn't a "given" that the new cartridge will cause a big drop. Sometimes it happens, but often there isn't much difference at all.

Vyktor is getting back to his fine numbers. Good boy!

Have a fine day today. Enjoy the weekend.

Ella & Rusty

6. mybuddybinks

mybuddybinks Well-Known Member

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    I'll never forget the night I was having so much fun posting smart remarks that I was over an hour late with Binks' shot :shock: :lol: :lol:

7. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Nice surfin'! Are you thinking the current cartridge is bad? It's looking pretty good from here!

Personally, I either change a dose, or change a pen, but never do both at the same time, so I have a better idea of which change is affecting the numbers.

Have a great day!!!

8. Vyktors Mum

Thanks beans. I've only changed cartridges once so far and that had a massive effect with an immediate dose reduction following but I was suspicious about that cartridge and have no such suspicions about the current one.

Guess I was being a little paranoid, but I don't think I'm ever going to get over being a little paranoid about the insulin - better safe than sorry :smile:

Point taken about not changing both the dose and the cartridge in the same cycle, that makes sense. I probably still have two shots left in the current cartridge so should be able to avoid that.

Celi you crack me up. I love your honesty and ability to laugh at yourself and I love that you stuffed up all over the place and still got Binks OTJ it inspires me no end :lol:

9. mybuddybinks

mybuddybinks Well-Known Member

If i couldn't laugh at myself, I'd have to kick myself outta the house...
    I'd hate living with a serious me :lol: :lol: :lol:

10. Lydia & Sid & Jake(GA)

Lydia & Sid & Jake(GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 03/10 Vyktor AMPS 146 +3 95 +5 103

Vyktor you look pretty good today :D

11. kim and simon

kim and simon Member

[​IMG]

Looking forward to seeing what happens! I haven't changed cartridges. ..yet ;-)

12. Melissa & Tarragon

Melissa & Tarragon Well-Known Member

Great numbers for Vyktor. I often wonder that too when I switch insulins. I have never reduced, just watched closely. Have a great day!!

13. Sandy and Black Kitty

Sandy and Black Kitty Well-Known Member

:mrgreen:

14. Randa & Mookie

Randa & Mookie Well-Known Member

Re: 03/10 Vyktor AMPS 146 +3 95 +5 103 +7 115

Beautiful numbers for Vyktor! The last time I changed cartridges I was disappointed because I was hoping Mookie's numbers would come down with the fresh juice, but nada. I had to increase his dose anyway after a few more cycles. Have a great day, Serryn.

15. Melissa and Bailey

Melissa and Bailey Well-Known Member

Re: 03/10 Vyktor AMPS 146 +3 95 +5 103 +7 115

Nice day for Vyktor!! And yeah, Celi cracks me up too. :lol: :lol:

16. Vyktors Mum

Re: 03/10 Vyktor PMPS 250

Anxiety cat is a beauty, he cracks me up too :lol: thanks Kim

Isn't Vyktor a good boy deciding to come up a little so MumBean wouldn't be nervous with the new juice :D After all this build up suspect I'll be disappointed too Randa :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.