03/11/18 Texas Gizmo PMPS=174, +2=181, +4=182, +11=189

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by LizzieInTexas, Mar 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

03/10

AMPS=139, +2=151, +4=186, +6=179 (Ket=0.3)

Not eating again.

2. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Come on Gizmo, please eat your fuds. Glad he's hanging in the blues and not giving you heart palpitations with going too low :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

LizzieInTexas likes this.
  3. HWright

HWright Well-Known Member

Oh, Gizmo:( please eat your fuds! Otherwise, your mom will bring out the syringe to assist feed ya!

4. LizzieInTexas

Weight 11# 1 oz.

5. MyTitan (GA)

MyTitan (GA) Well-Known Member

Paws crossed and kitty vines his appy picks up.

6. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

7. MJW

MJW Well-Known Member

Please eat Gizmo.

8. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Gizmo starts eating for you. Sending prayers.

9. LizzieInTexas

PMPS=174

History:
    AMPS=139, +2=151, +4=186, +6=179 (Ket=0.3), +11=157

10. LizzieInTexas

Is there any other injectable antibiotics other than covenia (sp)? I think the AB (oral/Veraflox) is upsetting his tummy. I am giving Cerenia and Ondan and it helps until I give him the AB and then he won't eat. I am trying to give after he eats but that is difficult with work/sleep. What about pill form AB - any that are easier on his system?

Any advice? I am back to depressed and in tears.

Tonight - what worked. Would not eat PS food, gave shot, gave cerenia, ondan, & bp meds, heated up food and got him to eat a little (eventually finished), @ +2 gave 1/2 Mirtz, ate +2.5 (was waiting at the feeder and cleaned the bowl), @ +3.5 gave him his +4.5 food (hungry so gave early) and he cleaned the bowl. His feeder will turn @ +6.5 with a tablespoon of YA (-0- carb) which he almost always will eat.

I have always given food @ +4.5 but can't wait that long to give AB and get enough sleep.

Do you think he is safe with this feeding schedule? I can put a small amount of "bonus" food in the +4.5 But doubt he would eat after AB.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2018
  11. MJW

MJW Well-Known Member

Are you giving the AB with food?
    I saw this when I googled:
    Veraflox® 2.5% oral suspension is given once daily directly into the cat's mouth at 5 mg/kg body weight. Administration to fasted cats has been shown to improve pharmacokinetic parameters. However, there is no indication from clinical field studies that treatment efficacy is affected in fed animals.

[With Yum's enrofloxacin, I read 1 hr before food or 2 hours after. However, I don't think they were doing that in the ICU. I will ask tomorrow. One vet said breaking the once daily dose into 2 doses is less likely to cause blindness in cats with CKD.]

12. LizzieInTexas

Yes, I have been giving it right after the +2.5 but then he wont eat anymore that evening. I can't wait until after +4.5 because it is too late for me. AM is not an option as I am at work M-F.

13. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Bless your heart , Lizzie :bighug: Sending more prayers for Gizmo’s improvement and your finding a solution to the AB situation AND big prayers for you ... you continue to amaze me with your love and determination for Gizmo :bighug: Please take care of yourself as well :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

14. Chubba (GA)

Chubba (GA) Well-Known Member

What is up with our Gizmo’s not eating lately? :confused: Would some of the other kitties talk some sense into these two!
    :bighug:

15. HWright

HWright Well-Known Member

Hi Lizzie,
    The non-convenia injectable ab’s that I know of are penicillin, clindamycin and I think baytril. It’s been quite awhile and I don’t remember which ones were once daily or if any of those were twice daily. I’m sure there must be other daily injectables out there. Idk which if any are the right fit for what Gizmo is on ab’s for or if there are potential interactions with Giz’s meds.
    Not much help, I’m afraid, but I hope helps at least somewhat for when you talk to your vet.

As you know (and for readers unfamiliar with ab’s/probiotics) ab’s, whether injected, oral, daily or longer acting, are tough on the gut, so probiotics an essential during and after course of ab’s.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2018
  16. MJW

MJW Well-Known Member

Can you hire a petsitter to dose him while you are at work?

17. MJW

MJW Well-Known Member

Not sure if this would fit your schedule, but if you broke the dose in half and gave it twice a day, maybe it wouldn't bother him as much.

18. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

I don't know which ABs are injectable other than Convenia , but that's a good question and seems like a good solution to bypass the tummy.

If you can't get his AB injectable, maybe pill would be better. Perhaps the taste is horrid and making him not want to eat.
    :bighug:
    Hugs :bighug::bighug::bighug:

19. Kathy and TiTi

Kathy and TiTi Well-Known Member

Oh gee, Liz. , what a nightmare. But since he is eating otherwise, I think your conclusion is correct. There's other injectable anti-biotics, as per H Wright's list, and they might be your best bet. Meanwhile , keep tisssues handy, have a glass of wine, and get some sleep.
    :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:Hugs purrs and healing vines.:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

LizzieInTexas and Squalliesmom like this.
  20. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

"Perhaps the taste is horrid and making him not want to eat."

Most of the liquids do taste pretty awful!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.