03/15/18 Texas Gizmo PMPS=125, +2=141 (Ket 0.3), +4=153, +11=148

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by LizzieInTexas, Mar 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

03/14 +11=146

AMPS=165

Eating is iffy. Hoping he feels better today.

Hope everyone has a great Thursday, :bighug:

Tracey&Jones (GA) likes this.
  2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Gizmo eats good for you today. Sending prayers.

LizzieInTexas likes this.
  3. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

He really roller coasts it with the on again, off again appy. Hope he feels good today and eats his fuds. :bighug:

4. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

More appy prayers coming to sweet Gizmo :bighug: When mine go off their food it can take quite a while to get them back on track ( and MANY partial cans of kitty food :banghead:) Hang in there , Lizzie :bighug:

5. Kathy and TiTi

Kathy and TiTi Well-Known Member

Numbers look good, purrs prayers for Gizmo to EAT.
    :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

6. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Appy vines for Gizmo.

7. MJW

MJW Well-Known Member

BCP's web page mentions compounding enrofloxacin into a transdermal gel. I phoned them about compounding some heart meds into transdermal gels. They said absorption can vary with transdermal gels, so they only recommend them as a last resort.
    Wedgewoodpetrx.com also compounds meds into transdermal gels.
    Is Gizmo still on antibiotics?

8. LizzieInTexas

PMPS=125

History:
    AMPS=165, +1.5=159

I just want to cry. I am completely at a loss. I don't know what to do. Nothing is working. NOTHING.

9. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

10. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Ugh......I did not get the tag on the labs. I’m so sorry and I’m glad you PMd me.

WOW!!!! Girl!!! You have made some significant progress with the anemia and the phosphorus!! Jeepers am I happy for you!!!!!! His labs look so much better just in those two areas. He’s certainly not wanting that potassium up, though, is he? So you are giving him the Potassium chews and lactated ringers? LRS has potassium in it and with the chews, I just can’t figure out why that boy’s K is still so low and it makes me wonder if there is some other med or supplement that you are giving him that is working against it. To some degree, it can be insulin as insulin will cause the uptake of K from the blood into the cells. But, even in FDs who are not CKD, I don’t usually see K levels that low. They might be 3.8 or 3.9 but usually come up.

You gotta be happy with these labs!! BTW, polychromasia has to do with the anemia so don’t worry about that. You are already addressing it. They are just telling you that it might be regenerative anemia. What does the vet say about the Epogen now (I didn’t read back through all the condos).

On the A/B and the upset tummy. Will your vet not try another a/b? I would really try and push on that. If an a/b makes my cat that sick, my vet switches it up. The inappetence that comes with some a/bs is just heartbreaking.

I read back a few days and saw some folks had recommended different probiotics. The ProB is one that has been recommended lately for cats with IBD/lymphoma. It isn’t the same as the Saccharomyces boulardi that you linked so I’m not sure which one you have.

The Renew Life Ultimate Flora 15b is the one I use daily but if I give antibiotics, i up the game to the really high CFUs found in the Extra Care. The link you posted the other day for the Saccharomyces (Jarrows) with MOS is really the best for soft poo. Did you start giving it to him? I saw a link on your condo for the probiotics info from ibdkitties and I would use the emergency stop directions for the Jarrows S boulardi with MOS that you have. The emergency stop directions are:

The only issue with S boulardi is that if the B12 levels are low, it’s not going to help. I know you are giving him MethylB12 and Jarrows B Right for the anemia and that should help his B12 levels although the cyanocobalamin shots are usually more effective.

Sending you a ton of hugs, Lizzie, and eating vines for Gizmo. Is there anything at all I can help you with? My heart is just breaking for you as I know too well the stress from your baby not eating. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
    Bronx's dad (GA) likes this.
  11. LizzieInTexas

I replied to your PM so I will just copy it here...

He isn't doing well at all. He had all but quit eating hence the lab work. With the WBC count he was put on Veraflox (AB). I voiced my concern about possible kidney infection and we agreed to give an extended cycle of the AB. We made it 7 days and that was with Cerenia, Ondan and Mirtz to get him to eat anything. Then on day 8 the diarrhea started and he threw up a bit of food sometime during the day. I discontinued the ABs.

The Epogen was put on hold until the month of AB was completed and we were going to do a full blood panel then to see where we were. Vet said the level could RBC count could be a bit exaggerated if he was dehydrated.

Monday PM was his last AB but his appy has yet to improve. His BG #'s are weird. He is down to 0.25U and holding pretty steady in the low blues with the occasional spike to yellow which is fine with me with the questionable appy.

We are being very, very conservative with the fluids because he has not had the heart enzyme blood test. The vet office does not have an account with IDEXX (I told them I would call them and arrange to pay direct if they could send the blood but they didn't even have the correct vile to submit the blood in). Then we got the BW back and we thought the infection was the cause of the off-appy.

He got fluids at the vets on 03/05 and I gave him 40(?) of fluids last Saturday and I gave 40-50(?) tonight. He acts nauseated but the Cerenia and Ondan are not addressing it if that is the case.

I absolutely love this new vet. She is wonderful and so willing to work with me. Very impressed with the FD control and managing the Panc flares with the meds and at home. She calls often (or a tech does) just to check on him. She is on vacation this week but called to tell me that one of the other vets was completely up to speed with Gizmo's case and to call or email if I needed anything - which I did today with an update.

I am just at a loss on what to do with his not eating. Hubby said to leave him be. As long as he was eating something (which he is with a struggle) and his numbers are ok (safe) - let's just see what happens - so that is kinda where we are tonight.

I am concerned this is cancer (Gussie comes to mind). Would anything in the BW give any hint that might be the case? I am almost ready to do another US - I just need to spend my $$ wisely so hesitate if that is the best thing to do right now.

Sorry for the novel - lol. I just feel so helpless. Thank you so much for your attention and help. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

12. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Lizzie, sending many heartfelt prayers and hugs :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug: You are an unbelievable momma bean with bulldog determination . Please take care of yourself :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

13. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

Does he appear to be in any pain when you touch any area? Losing much weight?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.