03/17 Boomer AMPS 230 +3 211 +6 194 PMPS 184 +3 158 some test results for Allen/Boomer

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Judy and Boomer, Mar 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Yesterday
    Good morning!
    AMPS 230 shooting 2u
    And I forgot the dosecrease. Will do tomorrow morning.

Boomer was a good boy last night and didn't cry out at all. He snuggled with me a lot. He ate all of his +3 and his extra food, not much of his +6 and not much of his +9 (he does eat the chicken pieces though).

Allen ate very well last night and really likes the new food. But despite having given him just a bit of it a couple of times yesterday, this morning he puked twice. He also had a large soft (not pudding, still formed) poop and a tiny bit of pudding poop. Probably related to the food but he does do this on occasion so I don't really know for sure. I haven't put any of the new food in his auto feeder today but will try a tiny bit later.

Dr Larry was able to get urine samples from both boys yesterday. Boomer also had b/w. Boomer has inflammation in his gums so we'll have to schedule a dental for next month. His last dental was only 6 months ago. We've started him on an antibiotic and he sure isn't an easy cat to pill! I thought Allen was bad.....Allen likes to chew on my finger. But Boomer just clamps his mouth shut and then gags when I do manage to get the pill in there.

We also picked up B12 for Allen yesterday; Dr Larry's instructions are to use the insulin needles and inject 25u into the scruff.

This morning I'm taking my daughter and granddaughter shopping for granddaughter's grade 8 graduation dress. And it's her birthday today; she's 14! We want to get out early so I will be back later to visit some condos!

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice on the snuggles last night from Boomer. Are you giving him a probiotic along with the AB? Poor Allen. I hope his system can get used to the new food.
    Do you mean 0.25 units?

Happy Birthday to your DGD. Have fun shopping.

Judy and Boomer likes this.
  3. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Fun day for you, Judy :bighug: Enjoy it all ;)

4. Judy and Boomer

No 25u. Almost the entire syringe. I believe he said it was .025ml.

5. HWright

HWright Well-Known Member

:bighug:❤️:bighug:❤️:bighug:
    And B12 yay❤️

6. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Wow that is a lot. I didn't realize you gave that much with B12.

7. Osha

Osha Well-Known Member

Oh, our sugar kitties and their teeth!! Boomer, please don't fight your meds. They will help you feel better!

8th grade graduation...how exciting! Have fun shopping for a dress. Happy Birthday to your grand daughter!

8. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

Hope the pilling gets easier with Booms. Sounds like the fight I have with Moo and I’m not even convinced it’s helping.

Hopefully it’s a reaction to new food for Allen and his tummy will settle soon.

Happy Birthday to your DGD and hope you enjoyed the shopping.

9. Judy and Boomer

Yes it seems an awful lot to me!

10. Judy and Boomer

+3 211
    And we found the perfect dress for my granddaughter but they only had her size in white and a strange purple so we have ordered a blue and hopefully it makes it here before grad.

11. Judy and Boomer

+6 194
    I tried tucking the antibiotic into a piece of chicken and added that along with another piece of chicken to his +6. He took it :smuggrin: shhh don't tell Boomer

Stacy & Asia and Osha like this.
  12. LeeAnn (Lannie)& Freckles

LeeAnn (Lannie)& Freckles Member

Hooray for successful dress shopping! Sounds like a fun day.:)

13. Judy and Boomer

B/W results are partially in and there's nothing concerning but Dr Larry indicates the panel he ordered didn't include a CBC so he's ordered that and the result should be in later today. Also waiting for urine culture results.

Allen's urine results: "protein loss isn't excessive" so I verified with him that we do not have to start giving benazapril.

carfurby (GA) likes this.
  14. Judy and Boomer

PMPS 184 shooting 2u
    Dosecrease tomorrow.

15. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

I still think of myself as 14! What a great age! Happy Birthday to your granddaughter! When I graduated from 8th grade we had to make our own graduation dresses in sewing class. I hated sewing, so I took the project home and my mother finished it!

Good luck with the dosecrease tomorrow. The test results sound good. Too bad about Boomer's gums, but maybe a dental will get him back on track.

16. Sean & Rufus

Sean & Rufus Well-Known Member

What's the b12 injections for? Rufus had 6 b12 injections in December/January. Do they have to do them every couple of months or is it a 1 time series?

17. Judy and Boomer

I was told to do them weekly. Not sure if it's only weekly for a certain length of time and then perhaps monthly.

Sean & Rufus likes this.
  18. Judy and Boomer

I know my mom made my dress. And my best friend's mom made her dress.
    The dresses for grade 8 grad sure have changed since then and since my daughters graduated!

19. Sean & Rufus

Ok, I'll have to ask my vet,I keep forgetting to. I heard b12 is valuable to them and excess is urinated out, so can't be a bad idea to give it to them ongoing.

20. Judy and Boomer

Most recommend B supplements as well....other B vitamins beside the B12. My vet doesn't believe that older cats absorb it so he said no to the supplement.

21. Sean & Rufus

Which was my next question! Rufus has been on Zobaline since December, I wonder how long he should be kept on that. How old is Boomer?

22. Judy and Boomer

23. Judy and Boomer

Boomer is about 12

Sean & Rufus likes this.
  24. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

I can imagine!

Thread Status: