03/18 Gizmo PMPS=198, +1=226, +2=257, +4=221, +5.5=212

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by LizzieInTexas, Mar 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

03/17 (see for dose increase discussion)

AMPS 270

Have a great Caturday! :D

Last edited: Mar 18, 2017
  2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Such a cute video. I hope Gizmo slides down today. I think I was the one who suggested waiting for three drops below your reduction number of 70 before you take the reduction. This is sometimes suggested for cats that don't hold reductions. It looks like Gizmo is clearing a bounce today. If you don't see green today, I'd increase the dose tonight.

LizzieInTexas likes this.
  3. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

Happy Caturday Lizzie!

4. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

I love the Saturday morning videos. Hope Gizmo is feeling good :bighug::bighug::bighug:

5. LizzieInTexas

From 03/17 condo:
    Thank you for sharing. I truly am grateful to have you knowledgeable input.

I will be doing a dose increase. I felt like I was holding the dose for too long for a while. Now, in defense - Gizmo does take longer to see the benefit of a dose so I think that was a learned behavior on my part from earlier on in this dance. I trust myself a bit more with this and the saying "know your cat" - I think I have a pretty good grasp on his behaviors. But it helps to have someone confirm or at least see my side.

I will try update my signature. I will be following the TR protocol as closely as I possibly can while working full time. I may need a kick in the pants every now and again - I still have my doubts from time to time and am a big scaredy cat.

I couldn't remember for sure, I appologize. I am still going to adopt this into my protocol - not sure about the 40-50 with me working full time - so I may leave it at 70 and "test" the waters. I think it might be a good compromise.

How is Bronx doing? I glanced at his SS a couple of days ago and saw you had shot another green PS #! What is your opinion of the med trial so far? What exactly is the name again? I want to do some reading on it so I have more knowledge of it. I love to learn, especially if it is something I have a real interest in. I can research with the best of them.

The water fountain is a no-go - lol. He walks around it and gives it the evil eye - lol. I am going to tear it back down and clean it - do you want it? If not, not a big deal - I will still send you the filters if you want them - it just wouldn't be much more of a big deal to send the fountain. I have the priority boxes from when I send care packages to our service men/women in the military. I also have a package I need to get sent to my brother. Just let me know.

I miss you (and Doodles) so much. I can't watch his tribute yet - I am sorry. I will, I just can't yet. :bighug::bighug: Hope Moo is adjusting and you (and hubby) find your balance soon. It is a tough thing to do. I know.

Gizmo is feeling really good - especially when his numbers are lower. I have a good feeling about where we are. The new Pancreas Booster supplement has made a world of difference in his poo. He rarely goes outside the LB anymore. They are healthy logs and he goes about once per day. He used to leave little pebbles 3-4 times per day and almost always outside the box - if it does nothing else I am impressed with it for that reason alone!

Here are couple of recent pictures.
    #1 - hubby givin him some morning lovins
    #2 - he loves his new carrier
    lovins.jpg
    carrier.jpg

6. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

I totally understand that. After almost 2 years on this board when there is a loss it's very difficult for us other beans. Glad Gizmo is feeling good and love the pictures. Give him extra :kiss::kiss: for me.

7. LizzieInTexas

PMPS 198 (of course - one of the lost PS tests in five days:banghead:) *DOSE INCREASE TO 1.75U*

History:
    AMPS=270, +2=274, +4=197, +5.5=186, +8=215, +11=260

8. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Just for those reading or for new member, I just want to be clear that there is not anything in TR or SLGS that discusses three drops below 70 before taking a reduction. For cats that don't hold reductions and the CG is doing TR, where the CG has data to show the kitty doesn't hold reductions, the CG might wish to allow the cat three drops between 40-50 on separate days before reducing the dose.

While some CGs might be adopting that strategy (three drops below 70) for their cats, it's not TR or SLGS and, thus, the CG needs to annotate individualized dosing. It's important to remember that we have members who read but don't post and we should take care to not lead them astray.

@LizzieInTexas I commend you for working to understand the patterns on Gizmo's SS. Some cats are, in fact, slow responders to a dose increase and my Gracie could sometimes fall into two category. However, to be very truthful with you, I am not seeing that Gizmo is a slow responder.

Perhaps it is important to put some definition to that term. If Gracie saw a lot of mid to lower blue in the first ten cycles, I would hold her 11-12 cycles to see if she would see green. If she didn't, I'd raise the dose. I just don't see a recent case of Gizmo doing that. He might get to blue, or even green within 6-8 cycles and then fizzle.

Love the pictures! He's certainly a cutie pie!

9. LizzieInTexas

Thanks @Marje and Gracie

I know you are super busy and I appreciate it. I will follow TR as close as possible. Like I said I think I picked up holding the dose for too long early on because I was (am) a big chicken $#!+. Lol. And then I switched to SLGS and now trying TR again. Just trying to do the best I can.

I think 10 cycles is good for Gizmo right now but I reserve the right to change my mind :nailbiting::joyful:.

:bighug:

10. Marje and Gracie

Granted my time on the board is more limited these days, but I’m always happy to help out when I can. I think it’s fine if you want to try TR but I do think it’s important to modify your signature block. Hate to nag but it really is misleading. Thank you!!

11. LizzieInTexas

Changed!

12. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

Bronx is about the same, just got Canna Companion a few minutes ago in the mail so will start that to see if it helps his arthritic-like pain. Gaba just knocks him out.

Trial drug is called Cabergoline, I don't think many kitties are on the trial, even in the UK. Yep, I shot 30u Lev on a green AMPS lol, it would probably kill most kitties and he just said "that's all you got, how bout some R with that?" haha.

Thanks for offering the fountain & filters but the one I have works fine and I reuse the filters. Maybe someone else is in need of a fountain? It is a nice one. He actually only used it a week or 2 and that's when I brought him in to see what was wrong and found out he was a sugar kitty. Never used it before and doesn't use it anymore. Actually, the only water he drinks is what I add to his wet. Never touches either water bowl, but I do keep the fountain running, spent 1/2 a day extending the power supply wire through a kitchen cabinet & down to the basement for electric so no wires are exposed so I have to keep that fountain running!

13. Marje and Gracie

Thank you very much, Lizzie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.