? 03/19 Diamond amps 135 HELP

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by krazy4kritters, Mar 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. krazy4kritters

krazy4kritters Member

2. CassAndGordy(GA)

CassAndGordy(GA) Well-Known Member

For the blue cycle that happened recently - did you have to intervene with different foods? Or was that Diamond surfing?

My thoughts is that you are ok to shoot BUT I am not comfortable giving advice like that.

If you are nervous and can't monitor today, you can skip. You hold the needle.

Hopefully my post will bump this back up for you

3. krazy4kritters

krazy4kritters Member

I put my big girl undies on again and shot 15 min late. I need some advice on what dose I should give tonight.

4. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

Diamond is looking great on this dose! Shooting lower numbers is the best way to get flatter cycles and maintain momentum. As long as the number is over 50, and he hasn't gone below 50 before that to earn a reduction, you would keep the same dose and monitor closely if the PMPS is lower than usual.

krazy4kritters likes this.
  5. Steph & Quintus & L & O

Steph & Quintus & L & O Well-Known Member

Looks like your +1 and +2 are higher/around AMPS, which should (?) indicate a flattish cycle. Will be keeping an eye open for your midday test!

6. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

good thing you shot .... you want to keep your momentum. hopefully he'll repeat for some more blues today and maybe even dip a toe in the green.

7. CassAndGordy(GA)

CassAndGordy(GA) Well-Known Member

My fingers are crossed for you! :cat: shooting will keep the depot momentum going.

8. krazy4kritters

krazy4kritters Member

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  9. Steph & Quintus & L & O

Steph & Quintus & L & O Well-Known Member

It looks like it’s working quite well, I’d personally try sticking to it, assuming you can monitor?

10. Stacy & Asia

Yes, on TR you would only reduce if he goes below 50 at any time.

11. krazy4kritters

krazy4kritters Member

Oh yes, I knew there was no way he was going to get a reduction. I'm so glad it seems like we are finally making some headway. I wasn't sure if I should increase .25U.
    The big booger is throwing yellow today.

12. krazy4kritters

krazy4kritters Member

Last night when he hit green and kept dropping, I would give him a snack. I noted the snacks in his SS. In the future, should I not snack him and just see what happens?

13. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

check your date on your spreadsheet.... today is March 19. It's okay to give snacks to keep them surfing in good numbers....

14. krazy4kritters

krazy4kritters Member

Thank-you! In the beginning of Feb I logged a wrong date too. It took me almost two weeks to realize it. When I finally did, it cleared up some of the confusion I was having with my days in my non-diabetic cat world. :p

15. Stacy & Asia

He got as low as 74 last night and you don't want to go too much lower than that. This dose is getting him to a good place and when he isn't bouncing, he sees a few hours of green. It took him 4 cycles to stop bouncing from the 16th. I would hang on to this dose for a bit and get a feel for the bouncing and how soon he settles. Hopefully you'll see green again by the 22nd if not sooner.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.