03/20 Boomer AMPS 92 +3 77 +6 101 PMPS 101 +3 101 owl pictures

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Judy and Boomer, Mar 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Yesterday
    Good morning and Happy First Day of Spring!
    AMPS 92 shooting 2.25u

Boomer had a bit of a bounce yesterday from the greens the night before, but seemed to come out of it last night. He let me sleep and he ate all of his +3, all of his extra food, about half of his +6 and the chicken out of his +9.

Allen ate well overnight.

I haven't received the rest of Boomer's test results yet; I will ask Dr Larry about them today. Yesterday I tried putting his A/B pills in little pieces of cheddar cheese and it worked. Of course, that might not work today:cat::rolleyes:

I am hoping to go for a walk today; I will wait until +3 to see if I have Boomer's permission as DH has lunch with a friend on Tuesdays and won't be here.

On Sunday DH and I finally got back to the park where the Great Horned Owls nest. The female was sitting on the nest....I know the eggs have hatched but I don't know how many babies there are. The male was in a nearby tree and very easy to find this time. Pictures attached.

Attached Files:

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice start for Boomer. I hope he surfs safely so you can get out. I hope you can keep getting the AB into hiim. Beautiful pictures of the owls.

Judy and Boomer likes this.
  3. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

Yay for sleep! As long as you can find something to work each day, even if it's a different something each day! :rolleyes: How long is the antibiotics course for?

Love the owls! :)

4. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Boomer is looking so good and glad the pill in cheese worked for you!

Love the photos of the owl!

5. Judy and Boomer

Yes it might be a different thing each day. This morning he wouldn't touch the cheese but I hid it in two pieces of chicken and he ate them. It's 7 days of antibiotics.

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  6. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

Oh good! 7 days is just short enough not to drive you crazy! ;)

7. Judy and Boomer

8. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Shawna & Davidson (GA) Well-Known Member

Wow, great pics of the Owl.......Did you try the pocket pills, my Guys love them and great way to hide the pills. Davidson has one more day of AB, and mine are in capsule form so I break them open and sprinkle onto food and mix.......it hits him faster and I can see he gets drowsy for about 30 min, then continues to eat. You can also smash the pills and mix with bits of food. I seem to have to do that with the Lysine, put a bit on a spoon with food and Davidson licks it off, otherwise he hates it. Harley just licks it off my fingers........

9. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

Yay, you successfully got Owl pics this year. If I remember correctly last year wasn't as successful finding them. Good job tricking Booms with taking his meds :) Hopefully you'll get a full BW report soon.

10. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Yay for pilling success! Kitties do grow suspicious, though, don't they? Good BW vines coming your way!

11. Judy and Boomer

It's the Snowy Owls that I haven't been able to find for two winters now. These two Great Horned Owls nest in one of our parks; they've been there at least 3 years now.

Doodles & Karen likes this.
  12. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Success with pills! Great Horned Howl pics! Neat. Did I post the pic of Rusty in his Great Horned Owl disguise here before? If not, here it is:
    RustyOwl.jpg

13. Judy and Boomer

+6 101

ETA: Boomer's dental is scheduled for April 12

14. Judy and Boomer

:joyful::joyful::joyful:

15. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

Congrats on the pilling! Mine are all very suspect of treats with "hard centers", lol. Gorgeous pics of the owls, I love owls!

Last edited: Mar 20, 2018
  16. Judy and Boomer

B/W and Urine culture results are in. No infection. But it does appear that Boomer has mild pancreatitis.
    I've asked Marje to take a look at his labs.
    I've also asked Dr Larry about giving Boomer B12 shots. We gave Allen his first shot on Sunday and he was playing quite a bit today. All Boomer does is sleep and eat :rolleyes:

17. Judy and Boomer

PMPS 101 shooting 2.25u

18. Judy and Boomer

Look at my boy surfing the very low blue +3 101

19. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Lookin' good Deputy Boomer! Lots to do in the lagoon tonight.
    ~ LagoonMeister Rusty

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.