? 03/20 Diamond amps 142

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by krazy4kritters, Mar 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. krazy4kritters

krazy4kritters Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/03-19-diamond-amps-135-help.192793/
    I will be at a work meeting for pm shot. My son will be doing testing and shooting. He has shoot and tested before but hasn't drawn yet. I plan on pre- drawing the dose and leaving it for him. He is only 13 but is the only one in the family who has really stepped up to help me. I am so greatful. I know pre drawing is not recommend but it is either pre draw or no shot. Is there anything I should be really concerned about with a pre-drawn dose?

2. krazy4kritters

krazy4kritters Member

I am also wondering, how low of a PSBG is too low to shoot?

Amanda & Shmee likes this.
  3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

It is not ideal to pre-draw the dose, but it should be okay to do it for tonight.
    That depends on if someone will be around to monitor and how soon you will get home from work.

4. krazy4kritters

krazy4kritters Member

I should be home 1.5-2 hrs post shot.
    I was also just wondering in general when i really should be concerned about when shooting a low psbg. I’m sure there are many variables but...

5. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

It looks like Diamond usually gets a food bump, so unless you see a green number your son should be fine to shoot.

It looks like you've been shooting nice blue numbers, when you get a green PS number, if you are nervous about shooting, you can not feed, stall and post for advice. We don't usually shoot numbers in the 50s or lower.

krazy4kritters likes this.
  6. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

Pre drawing a dose isn’t ideal, but in this situation it should be fine, it is preferable to skipping the shot. I haven’t had my kids shoot yet, but if I did, I would predraw as well. It’s so easy to draw too much or mess up tiny doses and it can have a big impact.

Any way to give your son access to the board in case he needs some assistance? If you’re home sometime around +2 it will probably be fine. The only wild card is if you get a green preshot since you haven’t yet, and therefore don’t have data to see what would happen.

It looks like she’s on his way to green right now! :D

7. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

p.s. it’s so awesome that your son is willing and able to help! It is nice to share some of the work! Good on him! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.