? 03/23 AMPS 315, + 2 304, +5 308 - confused about numbers, photo of us napping

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Amanda & Shmee, Mar 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amanda & Shmee

Amanda & Shmee Well-Known Member

03/22 thread: http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...pmps-325-opinions-please.192984/#post-2155402

I am confused about today's numbers :( He only had one pink yesterday and every test today has been pink. I am hoping the insulin went in every time these last few days... I could've sworn it did. Opinions? I am a total newbie and would love any opinions and/or advice. Thank you.

Also here is a photo of us napping on my lunch break :cat:

[​IMG]

2. Amanda & Shmee

+6 saw a yellow, 261

3. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

Probably a bounce from the 205 yesterday? I think the insulin went in, he’s coming down, just not a lot. Lantus isn’t good at pulling down high numbers, it’s supposed to be relatively even. Don’t worry, you just haven’t found the breakthrough dose yet, you will. :bighug:

Amanda & Shmee likes this.
  4. Amanda & Shmee

Ohh ok that makes sense. I hope so. Thank you so much Stacy. When I read about Bounce, it sounded like it was just one random high number, I didn't realize it could be for hours at a time.

5. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

Don’t want to rain on your parade, but a bounce can be hours or even days long! :confused: Hopefully it’s on the shorter end of things for Shmee. The more time they spend in lower numbers and get used to them, often times the bounces are shorter and don’t go as high. Bounces are normal and it means he’s reacting to the insulin, so it’s not a bad thing, really.

6. Amanda & Shmee

This makes me feel better then, thank you

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  7. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

It could be a bounce from the 205 yesterday as that was the lowest he had seen in a while. Hang in there sweetie. The bounces can 3 days or 6 cycles.

8. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Love the picture! You both look so peaceful!

With Lantus you want to think in "waves of action" rather than looking at single cycles. Initially these "waves" will last 3 days or 6 cycles. Eventually, you'll see the "waves" get shorter and then flatten out as kitty becomes regulated and then tightly controlled. It takes time, but Schmee will get there. :)

Amanda & Shmee likes this.
  9. Amanda & Shmee

Oh wow! Ok thank you Bobbie.

10. Amanda & Shmee

Interesting, ok thank you Jill. And yes we were tooootally relaxed, I did not want to get up thats for sure!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.