03/24/20 Thomas J. AMPS 70, +6.25 57, PMPS 67, +6 75 Biopsy Report Update.

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by LilTurkey, Mar 24, 2020.

1. LilTurkey

LilTurkey Member

03/23/20
    A little higher than I expected this morning but just barely. Great appetite, ate everything and wanted seconds and thirds. Hidee ate her food too. No poop last night, maybe some later today. I'm feeling a little better today. Hoping to get some cleaning done.
    Hope everyone has a great Tuesday!:)

Last edited: Mar 24, 2020
    Sonia & Leo and Nan & Amber (GA) like this.
  2. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

LilTurkey likes this.
  3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Glad both kitties are eating and you're feeling better.

LilTurkey likes this.
  4. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Very nice Thomas. I would definitely say it was the ear.

Have you found sunscreen yet?

LilTurkey likes this.
  5. LilTurkey

LilTurkey Member

6. LilTurkey

LilTurkey Member

I heard no sunscreen is safe for cats unfortunately. Just going to invest in some good window tints.

7. LilTurkey

LilTurkey Member

Alright, so I got a call back from the vet on his biopsy report. His ear did in fact have squamous cell carcinoma and the lump on his leg was mostly fat but they said in the center it seemed to be turning into squamous cell carcinoma as well but overall had pretty clean margins. She said the tissue on his ear was mostly cancer free so as long as he stays inside it's unlikely to reoccur. I'll of course be watching for any more lumps or signs to makes sure he's stays healthy.

8. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

9. LilTurkey

LilTurkey Member

Teri (Disco NoFurNo) "There is not a sunscreen that is safe for cats on the market. There are a few for dogs but cats are sensitive to many of the ingredients in pet sunscreens as well as human sunscreens, even baby sunscreensThere is not a sunscreen that is safe for cats on the market. There are quite a few for dogs but cats are sensitive to many of the ingredients in pet sunscreens as well as human sunscreens, even baby sunscreens, including zinc. I have read that the mineral titanium dioxide is not toxic but unfortunately the sunscreen products it is in also have zinc and the other toxic things in them. As you know, white cats especially their ears have no pigment in them and are very susceptible to developing skin cancer. If Thomas is indoors only and you have double paned windows, the risk is much less but one thing you could do is to put tinted window film on the windows he suns himself in." I have double paned windows and used this brand from Home Depot but also available online: https://artscape-inc.com/

Here's what Teri told me, she's the owner of a hairless cat. I'm just gonna use window tints since he's an indoor cat now.

Sonia & Leo and Olive & Paula like this.
  10. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Great update from the vet!

LilTurkey likes this.
  11. Teri & Disco NoFurNo (GA)

Teri & Disco NoFurNo (GA) Well-Known Member

I will keep my paws crossed for healing and no recurrence of the cancer.

LilTurkey likes this.