03/24/ Diamond amps 74 +2.5 49 +4 77 pmps 147 +1 148 +4 103

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by krazy4kritters, Mar 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. krazy4kritters

krazy4kritters Member

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Good job shooting. Diamond is looking really good. At least you don't have to go to work today and can see what he does.

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  3. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

:woot: Wow! What a beautiful couple of days here! Looks like Diamond is getting with the program! :D:D:D

4. Ana & Frosty (GA)

Ana & Frosty (GA) Well-Known Member

I have a question about shooting low numbers on TR. We just started to follow the protocol so I am trying to gather information. In the sticky it says if the cat is less than 90 then you can reduce dose by 0.25. But I see many of you keeping the dose the same even if sugars are in th 60s-70s. Is this a modified TR protocol? Just trying to figure it out. Why did you choose to keep the dose vs reduce?

5. krazy4kritters

krazy4kritters Member

We hit 49. I'm a wee freaked out

6. Ana & Frosty (GA)

Ana & Frosty (GA) Well-Known Member

Did you retest to make sure? How is the cat acting? As I am new to this as you can see by my last question I’ll let the more experienced folks help, but wanted to make sure it’s real first.

7. carfurby (GA)

Feed him a teaspoon of HC food. You don't want him to get full because he may need to eat more later. Test again in 20 minutes.

8. krazy4kritters

krazy4kritters Member

Diamond just started hitting the greens again. I was waiting a few cycles to make sure they were here to stay. Since he just hit 49, I will be reducing. I get help from people on here with dosing.

Ana & Frosty (GA) likes this.
  9. carfurby (GA)

I have to run to the grocery store. We have bad weather (sn0w) coming so I can't wait. Hopefully someone else will come along and help.
    Just keep feeding a little bit of HC at a time until he gets above 60 and keep testing every 20 to 30 minutes. I'll check in as soon as I get back from the store.

If he won't eat the HC, you can always rub karo or honey on his gums. You can also put a drop or two of that on his HC food if his numbers don't come up.

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  10. Stacy & Asia

It's okay, you want him over 50, don't go overboard on the food, see if he surfs, test in 20 mins after the food and see where he is

11. Stacy & Asia

Where did you see that? Reductions on TR are earned below 50, below 90 reductions is SLGS (unless it's modified for a lower reduction number).

krazy4kritters likes this.
  12. Stacy & Asia

What number is he at now? How's he acting?

13. krazy4kritters

krazy4kritters Member

He's had about a 1/2 can. I'm not going to give him anymore unless needed. He is at 51 now. Acting normal as well. But I'm going to keep a close eye on him today.

14. krazy4kritters

krazy4kritters Member

Just tested again 48

15. Stacy & Asia

1/2 of low carb food? High carb food? You will want to put it in your comments on your SS so you can know how much of a rise it gave him for future reference.

Whatever his nadir is (it's not entirely clear, but let's just say it's +5), he can keep dropping until then, I would test hourly until nadir and an hour after that juts to be sure. Hopefully he will just surf. After nadir, it typically takes a lot less effort to boost the numbers and you want to be much more conservative with what type of food after nadir.

16. Stacy & Asia

If you have Karo or honey, might want to give a drop of that (a little can go a long way, but it's very much an ECID thing) just so he doesn't get full since he already ate half a can.

The half a can will rise his numbers, but with the fat and protein, it will take longer than sugar or carbs alone. Many people give a teaspoon of gravy or a little bit of Karo to get the numbers up, and the regular food can help sustain him. You just don't want him full lest you need to get his numbers up and he won't eat for you. :p

17. krazy4kritters

krazy4kritters Member

FF gravy. I think it was a 14 carb one. I do have his stuff written down. I just need to transfer to SS

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  18. Stacy & Asia

You'll want to test every 20-30 minutes (after you give carbs/sugar) until he is over 50 for 2 hours without high carb food/sugar influence.

Come up a little, Diamond and surf those greens!

19. krazy4kritters

krazy4kritters Member

I gave him a drop of honey. He loved it after I smushed it on face. Lol He is like twice the size of a typical cat. He is over weight but ideal is around 18lbs. Would it take a bit more honey or HC food than your typical cat?

20. Stacy & Asia

I would think so, yes, but ECID. Asia is around 10 pounds and I often have to give her .6mL of Karo at a time (which is a good bit, even thought she's a smaller cat). Hopefully you will get a good feel for it today.

21. krazy4kritters

krazy4kritters Member

I'm definitely earning another notch in my belt! :confused:

22. carfurby (GA)

I'm back from the store. I'm glad Stacy was able to help you. Make good notes of what you give so you'll know for the future.

23. krazy4kritters

krazy4kritters Member

I have everything written down. I'm working on a putting together a separate sheet in Diamond's SS to document everything. Hopefully I'll get info put into it soon. My civvie, Peaches, is an absolute attention booger when I'm on my laptop. The laptop is set up on my desk like a computer. I use an extra monitor and keyboard. She rolls around and walks on the keyboard and rubs on the monitor. She has already messed up Diamond's SS.
    Last test he was at 77

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  24. carfurby (GA)

I'm glad he has come up to 77 for you. You may want to test again in an hour. He could come back down once the carbs wear off.

Stacy & Asia and krazy4kritters like this.
  25. Stacy & Asia

Also, update your condo title with the 77 please, so others following don't think he's still at 49 ;)

26. Sean & Rufus

Sean & Rufus Well-Known Member

Curious. Rufus weighs about 21.5/22 pounds and need to be about 18. How many calories does Diamond get a day about?

27. krazy4kritters

krazy4kritters Member

Changed title. Thanks for reminding me. At least I remembered to take down the 911. :cat:
    I have the hypo sheet updated and put a note in his SS to refer to that sheet for info. Anything else I should do? Thanks for all the help Stacy and @carfurby!

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  28. krazy4kritters

krazy4kritters Member

Great question! I'm not sure. I haven't took the time to figure it out exactly. I've been a bad bean in that area. :facepalm:
    I have gotten pretty consistent with his meals though. One can FF and one Sheba portion at bkfst. 1/2 can or one Sheba around +5/+6 am. Onc can FF at supper. 1/2 can FF or Sheba around +5/+6 pm.
    My concern is most of the food is higher in fat than protein. I'm planning on switching to a homemade diet when I can get a grinder on board.

29. Sean & Rufus

Sean & Rufus Well-Known Member

Thats about what Rufus eats, too, calorie wise. Sounds like about 350 calories.

30. carfurby (GA)

I'd get a +5 test to make sure his numbers aren't coming back down just to be safe.

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  31. krazy4kritters

krazy4kritters Member

I kinda threw the plus numbers to the side and started a separate sheet with actual times on it. The last test was about 10 min past +5 and was 80.
    I decided a separate sheet would be easier for me to see exactly what I did. I also think his vet will be able to see what was going on better too when I email her his SS. Oh, is she going to freak out when she sees what went on this morning! :p

32. carfurby (GA)

I'm glad Diamond is staying in safe numbers. He should be okay now, but it might not hurt to get at least one more test in this afternoon.

33. krazy4kritters

krazy4kritters Member

To be clear, Diamond earned a .25 reduction, right?

Ana & Frosty (GA) likes this.
  34. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Correct.
    Congratulations! :D

35. krazy4kritters

krazy4kritters Member

Should I expect a bounce now? If so would I notice this cycle or a later one?

36. carfurby (GA)

Some cats bounce right away and some cats have delayed bounces where they bounce in a day or two.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.