04.08, PORTO, AMPS 392, + 8 344, PMPS 342

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Manu & Porto, Aug 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Manu & Porto

Manu & Porto Member

yesterday

We are having mixed stools today and went two times to the potty already. So disappointed.

Hopefully we manage to stop the runs and get back on track. I have a feeling that his BG will be lower today.

2. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

Does Porto get any probiotics?

Manu & Porto likes this.
  3. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Porta you can do better.

Manu & Porto likes this.
  4. Manu & Porto

Manu & Porto Member

Two loose stool - I see lower numbers. It must be some influence, his BG going down because of it. Not much, as the poo is not too soft, but still.

5. Manu & Porto

Manu & Porto Member

Hi. No, he doesnt. We tried once with boulardii but a bit later after administering with food, he ran to the litter box and had a loose stool. Im cautious in trying again, maybe probiotics is not for him. We tried fortiflora a couple of years back and I think it gave some results but his health and his tummy were less problematic.

6. Manu & Porto

Manu & Porto Member

Should I try again? When is best to try? When ok stool or when he has loose stools? When he has good poo, I am afraid to try to not cause problems. And then, when he goes soft, I am wary of trying to not cause more damage....

7. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx gets 1/2 capsule RenewLife human probiotics in the morn & 1 tsp of Kefir at night. He does not have a diarrhea problem but a constipation problem. However, I have heard probiotics can help both conditions.

Manu & Porto likes this.
  8. Manu & Porto

Manu & Porto Member

Did you try any other probiotics before finding this one that works for him? I am glad it works for your boy! I have bought some kefir, it is like yogurt, right? Maybe I can try with that.

9. Manu & Porto

Manu & Porto Member

We increased to 1.75 today.

Tracey&Jones (GA) likes this.
  10. Bronx's dad (GA)

It's more like thick milk. Bronx will eat it mixed with his food and liked the full-fat version the best

11. Bama Kitty Mom (GA)

Bama Kitty Mom (GA) Well-Known Member

@Bronx's dad Do you sprinkle the Renew Life capsule contents over his food or transfer to some type of kitty capsule? Bama has a problem with constipation and hairballs. I want to try probiotics. He's already eating pumpkin but I can't tell that it helps.

12. Bronx's dad (GA)

I open up a capsule and sprinkle half in his wet food & then save the other half for another day. Kefir works well too and Bronx likes the taste. Also, Lactulose can do wonders but a script is needed.

Bama Kitty Mom (GA) likes this.
  13. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Jones gets S. boulardii twice a day 1/4 capsule. I have also tried the SEB but the timing with working and his other meds is tough as it can't be give 2 hours before or after other medication.

Not sure if any one reference this site for you or not Manu. Some helpful information in there. http://www.ibdkitties.net/

You introduced the bude 6-7 days ago right? My vet told me 2 weeks - give anything 2 weeks before trying something new. So keeping Porto's food the same and giving the bude, I think needs another week to determine if you need to add something in. If he is still having issues then try the probiotic.

Bama Kitty Mom (GA) likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.