04/09 - Gremlin - AMPS 216, +6 88, PMPS 214

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Laura and Gremlin (GA), Sep 3, 2018.

1. Laura and Gremlin (GA)

Laura and Gremlin (GA) Well-Known Member

2nd Sept

Yellow!!! :arghh: He dropped to 49 the other day!
    Maybe he didn't like the flavour of Tiki Cat I gave him yesterday. Maybe it's because I'm almost at the bottom of his insulin pen. Yellow has me crying!

2. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

He likely dropped last night and is bouncing. Did you retest? He didn't even bounce to a yellow after the 49. It could be meter variance and more like a 174. Let's see how the rest of the cycle plays out.

Also playing into things is that after the 49 you dropped him down to 0.1 for two doses so the depot got disturbed. Since he is a long term diabetic, I would have held the dose and counted that a 1 drop below 50 and not reduced until after the 3rd drop. Or if he goes below 40 one time reduce.

3. Laura and Gremlin (GA)

I forgot that it's three times below 50 before dropping. He was on 0.1u for so long before the hyperthyroidism. I've buggered it all up!

I doubt he's bouncing from overnight. More likely it was the drop in insulin that's completely buggered it up. And I'm at work today so won't be home to test. I can fly home during lunch but that's it.

I can't re-test during the night. I have a suicidal teenager and my anxiety is always so high that it makes my chronic fatigue even worse. Just being awake long enough to test at +3 is a challenge.

4. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Oh Laura! I am so sorry that you have this kind of stress on your plate. Please don't stress over Gremlin. He is the least of your worries right now and he will be just fine and go right back down again as soon as the depot gets stable.

His numbers last night were nice and safe and there was no need for you to interrupt your sleep. I only mentioned him going lower as a possibility for his higher number this morning. Don't stress and sending you hugs :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Krystina & Nelli likes this.
  5. Laura and Gremlin (GA)

Thank you so much!!

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  6. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Grem will come back down. Sending prayers for you and your son. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

7. Laura and Gremlin (GA)

Woo hoo! Green!
    And then yellow again but that's probably because he ate an hour before PMPS.