? 04/11 Shmee AMPS 318, dosecrease, photo, question

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Amanda & Shmee, Apr 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amanda & Shmee

Amanda & Shmee Well-Known Member

Previous condo: www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/04-10-shmee-amps-284-6-88.193962/#post-2168944

Hi L&L good morning,

I think Shmee was bouncing last night and this morning from the green :D he saw yesterday. I can't wait to start seeing a flatter curve.. go away pinks! :p He increased to 4 units today.

Question: I am correct to increase him right? I only keep / hold the dose for a week if he has had greens consistently, and not only once, right? I am still a little iffy on when you hold the dose for the 7 days. Thanks.

PS - I bought myself a Nikon for my birthday (thanks Cyber Monday!). I haven't been able to get out and use it as much as I wanted since the Dx... but I thought you might like to see a photo I took of Shmee yesterday :)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 11, 2018
  2. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Yes, he's bouncing and yes, it's OK to increase. You actually hold the dose for 4 - 5 days/ 8 - 10 cycles once you start seeing Shmee having consistent nadirs that are below 200. You want to see the majority of nadirs that are blue or green. That's when you increase. If nadirs are consistently in the normal range (50 - 120 on a human meter and are mostly green), hold the dose for 7 days then decrease.

What a beautiful kitty!

Amanda & Shmee likes this.
  3. Amanda & Shmee

Amanda & Shmee Well-Known Member

I always tell him he is so handsome :cat:
    So from my understanding of the above and the TR sticky,
    I should keep the dose for 4 days instead of 3 days now since his nadirs have been under 200, and once he starts to see more nadirs under 100 (multiple nadirs, not just one like he had yesterday) I would hold for 5 days.

Thank you for clarifying, I get so nervous I am going to do it wrong and he will go too low.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.