04/13 Mowgli AMPS 299. Is he in a Bounce or should I consider dose increase

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by AmandaE, Apr 13, 2019.

1. AmandaE

AmandaE Well-Known Member

Hello!

I believe that Mowgli could be in a bounce right now. I was wondering if the experts here could have a look at his spreadsheet and offer an opinion on whether I’m right or not?

If it is a bounce I will keep the dose, if it isn’t do you think I should increase dosage?

Thanks for the advice.

2. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Looking at his cycle thus far, this doesn't look like a bounce. Depending on what the rest of the cycle looks like, you should be able to increase. However, if you're following SLGS, you generally give the dose a week before increasing.

Also, please remember to get a before bed test every night.

AmandaE likes this.
  3. AmandaE

@Sienne and Gabby (GA) Thanks for your reply!

I agree this cycle looks good I was nervous that he was bouncing from his low cycles earlier in the week. I had increased his dosage on the 7th to 1.5 and was having really good results and then his BG spiked on the 11th which I thought might be the bounce. Then I was just thinking he could still be in that bounce. Especially since I was having some yellows and blues earlier in the week.

Tomorrow will be one week since Mowgli started a 1.5u dosage so I wanted to make sure he wasn’t in a bounce from his low BG earlier this week before I upped his dosage.

I do try to get a night sample but sometimes it’s just not in the cards, win some-lose some

4. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

So here's the scoop... When you dropped the dose to 1.0 on 4/8 at PMPS, your cycle count at the 1.5u dose starts over. Any time a dose is changed, skipped, fur shot, etc., the cycle count begins again. It's the down side of a depot-type of insulin.

There may have been a bounce on 4/11 due to the 113 the evening before. However, from your data, it looks like Mowgli has been spending time in the yellows. Since you can't test during the AM cycles during the week, it's especially helpful if you can get at least one PM cycle test especially if you have a concern about bounces. It's way too hard to try to sort out if bounces are clearing, recurring, etc. based only on pre-shot numbers.

5. AmandaE

Ok cool, I definitely didn’t realize that dropping the dose earlier this week restarted his dose cycle.

If I shouldn’t increase the dose tomorrow, I will probably hold 1.5 until next Saturday so that I can do another curve, increase the dose Sunday, and then watch his response and make sure it isn’t too much for him.

Thanks for your help