04/16 Willow AMPS 112/ +3 101/+4 103/+9 92/PMPS 99/+3 106/+4 97/+9.5 97 - Dosecrease!

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by nslade001, Apr 16, 2019.

1. nslade001

nslade001 Well-Known Member

Hello everyone, Willow started off ok yesterday but quickly lost all appetite (had to spoon feed, and wouldn't finish meals then) and hid on and off all day, even with the addition of bupe (although stopped hiding late afternoon). Gave mirtz later (10:30pm) and started eating well, purring, rubbing; came on bed during night to tell us she was hungry. Still eating well and purring today.

What is the "usual" dosage of bupe? I have predrawn syringes of 0.06mg, but my old vet gave me predrawn syringes of 0.15mg for a 12 lb cat, which was a bit much (made her starey). I'm just not sure if she's not getting enough bupe to cut pain when she's hiding, because it doesn't seem to make a difference.

Hope you all had a great night, and wishing you and your kitties a great day of safe surfing :) With love, Nikki

2. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Dont have advice on bupe but sending prayers

nslade001 likes this.
  3. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Olive is 13 pounds. Her bupre concentration is 0.5mg/ml. I'm not good at math so not sure what she gets off hand. I'll have hubby calculate when he's done with dishes.

Originally she started at 0.3 ml. She is maintained on 0.2 ml (0.1 mg). Which vet says is very low dose. I keep trying to reduce to 0.15 ml but it's just not enough.

Maybe you could try 0.1 and she how she does.

ETA .Hubby just did the math and you are giving a hair more than Ollie gets but Ollie is a pound heavier and I don't know the concentration of your bupre. Reducing is never a bad thing to try, you can always go back up. It's raising and not knowing if it's an overdose or not.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
    nslade001 likes this.
  4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad the Mirtz helped. I hope Willow has a better day today. I think bupe is an ECID thing. Sending prayers.

nslade001 likes this.
  5. nslade001

Thank you :)

6. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

7. Crista & Ming

Crista & Ming Well-Known Member

My vet said it was okay for me to double Ming's dose (he's prescribed 0.2 mL but I can't remember the mg/ml right now). I usually give 0.3 to 0.4 mL whenever Ming has his vomiting episodes.

One time at work, we gave 1 whole mL of bupe IV to a cat and he started drooling excessively. The vet missed a decimal place and the tech calculated it according to what the vet wrote. I even asked before we gave it if this was the correct amount and the tech said they've done it before with really bad cases. Of course, the tech decided to call the vet after to double check and that's when we found the error. Not saying you should go crazy and give such a large amount but just sharing an anecdote and showing what a large margin of dosage bupe can have.

nslade001 likes this.
  8. nslade001

Thanks!

9. nslade001

Hi all, Willow's had a great day, purry and happy, she even napped with us :) Thanks mirtazapine lol. Did a dose increase tonight of 0.1 U ... it's a bit of a weenie dosecrease since her nadirs haven't been "low low" lately, but there was that 63 on the 12th, and this is our first green preshot in 2 weeks so maybe I wimped out. But she responded well to microincreases last time, we'll see how it goes this time. I'm keeping her on gaba long-term because I do think her mobility is improved on it, and I'm pretty sure it ups her BSL a bit, but that's life.

With love, Nikki