04/19/18 Texas Gizmo PMPS=249, +2=231, +4.5=176, +11=236

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by LizzieInTexas, Apr 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

04/18 +11=208

AMPS=231

Very strange cycle last night. Not sure what he did after +4 but flat yellow. +4 was 207, +11=208 - lol.

I increased by 1/8U to 1.375U. I hope it helps with the duration a bit and brings all the numbers down.

He is feeling so good! He has been very interactive with us beans. He has that curious look in his eyes lately too. It is so good to see him act "normal". Even hubby commented last night how much more like his "old" self he is being - even with the higher numbers.

Hope everyone has a good day. :bighug:

2. Girlie's mom

Girlie's mom Well-Known Member

It is so, so, so, so good to hear that he is feeling so good! Lizzie, you must be so happy about that... :)

LizzieInTexas likes this.
  3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

It's great to hear Gizmo is feeling good and acting like his old self. His numbers will come back down eventually.

4. LizzieInTexas

I am blessed. Truly. Compared to a month ago his QOL is 100% better. He is so relaxed and at ease. (Insert anti-jinx graphic here).

Stacy & Asia and Beth 73 like this.
  5. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

This brings tears to my eyes :bighug: You have stood strong for so long and are deserving of all this good Gizmo report :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:Happy Thursday , Lizzie ! And btw , my first “ hummy” showed up yesterday !!!

6. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

Great news for Gizmo, do you think it was one of the meds/supplements in particular that turned it around? In addition to your amazing care and TLC, of course. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

7. LizzieInTexas

:bighug:

I think it was the AB and the B12 shots. I have suspected he was sick since last November/early December. None of the tests/labs revealed anything (even the numbers didn't indicate a pancreatitis flare which vets kept thinking it was but I did not) but I think it was a kidney infection (which are hard to dx anyway). He got 1 week oral AB and then two of the Convenia shots, so 5 weeks of AB over all. He hasn't had ANY Cerenia, Ondan, Canna or any pain meds in over 2 weeks :woot::woot:. No need to encourage him to eat or worried about him eating when his feeder turns.

In the middle of it all we put him on BP meds and his BP has been "normal" the last three times at the vets also.

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  8. LizzieInTexas

More importantly - HE deserves to feel good. It was so sad to see him feeling so bad and the vets wouldn't listen to me. Thank God I found Dr. Jen.

I still haven't seen any more - IDK, weird. With this strange, spring weather maybe they just passed me by. o_O

Beth 73 and Stacy & Asia like this.
  9. MyTitan (GA)

MyTitan (GA) Well-Known Member

Titan is the same way, seems much more hisself in the blues and low yellows. I suppose thats what his body is used to. Good report on Gizmo. :smuggrin:

10. saltycat

saltycat Well-Known Member

What a nice report and it is so rewarding to see all the effort you made improve his QOL and get him feeling more like his old self!

Hope the flat yellow's don't mean he is planning something:)

11. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

I love reading a happy Gizmo report with interacting and acting like himself....this is most important :) Give your sweet boy some extra scritches for me.

12. LizzieInTexas

PMPS=249

History:
    AMPS=231, +1.5=224

13. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

Yellow, Pink, etc...Gizmo don't care, he's just happy to be feeling great :)

14. LizzieInTexas

He may not care but mama does :rolleyes:

I probably should have waited to do dose increase tonight and gone back up to 1.5U. I wish I knew if he was having any sort of dip (and these numbers are bounces) or if he is just staying flat yellow.

15. Kathy and TiTi

Kathy and TiTi Well-Known Member

How splendiferous! I'm so glad for you and Gizmo...and even for hubby.

16. Kathy and TiTi

Kathy and TiTi Well-Known Member

I know you know that flat yellows can sometimes mean a busy cycle?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.