04/22 LOW numbers !Nam-kha AMPS 245 +1 160 +4 77 +6 121 +11 95 PMPS 101 +2 41

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Cyndy, Apr 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cyndy

Cyndy Member

2. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

She’s like a different cat on the SS the past couple of days! :woot: :cat:

Cyndy likes this.
  3. Cyndy

Cyndy Member

121 at +6 ! Not bad ! She had some dry food this morning, with a nice bowl of wet food. She ate everything !

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  4. Cyndy

Cyndy Member

Well she's doing so good today!! I'm really proud of her, not because she's starting to be regulated, but because of her amazing attitude. I've been poking her several times a day for a few weeks, I've changed her food, and she's just grateful and never says anything :)

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  5. Stacy & Asia

Yay! I hope it’s because she’s starting to feel a lot better and is equating some of the unpleasantness with her improved health. I do think they know. :cat: Asia reminds me when it’s shot time and I don’t even give her treats or anything.

The 121 mid cycle is likely the influence of dry food. Not too big of a deal on this particular cycle, but you can see how much it can increase the numbers and if you want regulation and flat numbers, dry food will frustrate you with its unpredictability. ;)

LuvinThisPig and Cyndy like this.
  6. Cyndy

Cyndy Member

Yep @Stacy & Asia ! I'm reducing gradually her dry food. I think that by the end of next week she will almost be dry food free haha! But then, I will give her a 2-3% low carb wet food, so that she can have some carbs. Right now my wet food is a 0% carbs.

Your Asia seems to be a very good kitty too <3

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  7. Stacy & Asia

Anything 10% or less is still low carb for wet food, many cats do better on some carbs rather than no carbs, so see how it goes with the 2-3%

Asia is a very patient and tolerant cat, as long as you don’t want to look in her mouth! :rolleyes:

Cyndy likes this.
  8. Cyndy

Cyndy Member

@Stacy & Asia haha! Nam-kha hates it too..

Hm, so Nam-kha is at 101 for pre-shot. Do I shot a full dose? I'm working tomorrow and I have to get up early so staying up until midnight would be hard :/

LuvinThisPig and Stacy & Asia like this.
  9. Cyndy

Cyndy Member

And we're back under 50 :/ Do you think I should lower her dose again?

10. Stacy & Asia

Well look at her go! Slow it down, Nam-kha. :stop:

Sorry I wasn’t around when you shot, I would have said since it’s the lowest number you’ve shot, get a +1 because she onsets early. The +1 could have told you where she was headed and you could give food ahead of the lime green drop to prevent it.

What to do now, you have some options. Since Nam-kha is considered a long term diabetic, you could take a reduction 1 under 40 or 3 under 50 (but over 40). Also, it’s very close to your last reduction and often times back to back reductions don’t take because you could be dealing with the depot still, although the dose is so small and it’s the 4th cycle from the reduction so I’d say it’s unlikely. Of course, everything depends on how the rest of this cycle goes and the number you wake up to tomorrow and if you can keep her safe tomorrow after you shoot.

If she goes under 40, for sure you need to reduce. If she stays over it but it’s a lot of work to keep her numbers up, reduce seems like a good choice.

Did you give her honey or high carb gravy? I’ll look for your +2.5 ;)

11. Cyndy

Cyndy Member

I couldn't do a +1, I was putting my toddler to bed = rocking him for a long time haha!

She had some dry food, the DM pro plan stuff, it has 11% carbs. I gave her some high carb gravy but she wasn't interested, that's why I gave her dry food. She's still seems fine, she's with us doing her usual things.

I dit a +2.5, she's still at 41.

12. Stacy & Asia

More honey, gravy or dry food then, you don’t want her going any lower and she still has some time to drop before nadir. Come up, Nam-kha! :cat:

Make sure to note what you fed and how much on your SS so you can get an idea of how much of what works to bring her up or how much is too much if you overdo it for future reference.

13. Cyndy

Cyndy Member

Alright, I'll try some more gravy or honey if she's not eating the gravy!

14. Stacy & Asia

Whatever works! I had to syringe a bit of corn syrup into Asia’s mouth the other day because she decided she wasn’t hungry when I needed her to eat. :rolleyes:

15. Cyndy

Cyndy Member

I went for honey! She wouldn't eat. Now she's mad at me, oups.

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  16. Cyndy

Cyndy Member

She's going up at 56.

@Stacy & Asia so would it be alright to reduce her dose tomorrow? I have a long day at work and I can't come home to check on her before 5pm.

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  17. Stacy & Asia

Absolutely, you are able to leave food out for her during the day, yes?

Cyndy likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.