05/02 Prudence

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Michelle & Prudence, May 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michelle & Prudence

Michelle & Prudence Member

Pru is doing great. I've noticed that she's not sleeping as much, but still takes small naps throughout the day. I did notice when her bg's were high.. she slept alot. She has been very active and I have been giving her catnip twice a day. I read that exercise helps lower the blood sugar, so that's why I am trying the catnip. Definitely notice that bg's lower after mid-night. Her PMPS was 80 tonight! I was starting to wonder if she needed a bump, but thank goodness for the green. :D I am also trying a little experiment with the freeze dried salmon treats. I've been giving her 3 medium size treats before I go to bed. I've read that the protein can be thought of as "slow release carbohydrate" since about 60% of protein turns into carbohydrate over a seven hour period. This is suppose to help lower high fasting blood sugar. I dunno, I am trying everything. I don't know how high the carbs turn into or really how it works, but all I know is that I am seeing green tonight. All I can do is log it down and share what I am doing.

Sending all of you love & good numbers :YMHUG:

2. Hope and Aria

Hope and Aria Member

I'm very interested in this experiment you've got going Michelle. Ari's going through a phase that when she needs a bump, she'll then need one more the next day, then she's good for 3 days. I've also been experimenting with food or treats to see if Mr P will kick in during these times. Let me know what you find out.

{{hugs}} to you and {{belly rubs}} to Ms. Pru!

3. Gator & H (GA)

Gator & H (GA) Well-Known Member

Good to hear the good news. :smile:

4. Steve and Blue

Steve and Blue Member

Looking good! :thumbup

Attached Files:

5. Donna & Buddha

Donna & Buddha Member

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i've got to try that...the freeze dried salmon treats. my tom needs a high protein snack to get him thru the night. very happy for you guys in the greens :mrgreen:

7. Michelle & Prudence

Michelle & Prudence Member

Thanks All! Today was a different story ohmygod_smile I haven't been feeling well and over slept this morning. This screwed everything up! By the time I picked DH up from the airport, she was at bg 284, so gave 0.2U after not having a shot for 6 days :D She hit 42 at +4, so I am hoping no shot tonight, but we'll see.

Keep me posted if anyone is trying the freeze dried treat idea. It seems to be working for us! All I can say is that you need to figure out how many pieces to give. When I give after midnight around 130am - I give Pru 3 medium pieces. This is probably the size of your pinky nail. It's so hard not to give more... cause she would eat the whole tub!!! haha

Hope - I know you're going away soon, so I am so happy were you're at with Aria! You need that vacation drinking24

Steve - You rock with Blue! I am so happy he's feeling better and you are seeing such a difference in his bg's. Keep it up!!! Kudo's to your g/f too, cause I know she's been there along this process. :D

Everyone else, I will be checking in on you too, as I always do. It's just been a rough few weeks for me, but I am hoping I can post more as things settle down. Sending all Love & Great numbers :YMHUG:

Oh, I almost forgot to mention to Gator if you're out there - Here's his quote from another thread
    This was key for me! Thank you for all your help. :smile:

8. Hope and Aria

Hope and Aria Member

Michelle - can you get a timed feeder to put her treats in so you can sleep? You really need some good sleep, sweetie!! I'm going to pick one up this week to get the girls used to it for vacation time. I figure a few weeks of it working while I'm home and I'll figure out exactly how much I need to put in there for an every 6 hour meal (and if they'll eat it after frozen.) I'm also going to get some of the freeze dried treats the next time I order Bellyrubs and see if that'll help. Ari's doing her "I don't really fell like eating" thing which, of course, makes me all antsy. I like low numbers and all, but not if you're not eating!!

9. Gator & H (GA)

Gator & H (GA) Well-Known Member

*chuckle*, you are not the only person the "one-kitty-kitty" has helped. I'm glad :D and thanks for letting me know, it helps me remember to tell people about it. I think the other person who said it helped them reminded me to say something to you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.