05/04/20 Thomas J. Update: Cone off.

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by LilTurkey, May 4, 2020.

1. LilTurkey

LilTurkey Member

04/30/20
    20200504_215202.jpg 20200504_215209.jpg 20200504_215233.jpg 20200504_215224.jpg 20200504_215241.jpg 20200504_215249.jpg

So, I bought some pet nail trimmers. He hated his paws being touched and I got clawed up a bit, gave me a fairly deep cut on my upper lip. Took 3 days to get them all trimmed, didn't want to take his cone off just to have his ear clawed. He seemed happy to be able to freely bathe and scratch himself after I took it off today.I don't have to worry about cleaning him off after he eats now which is nice. He's still drooling a bit.
    My brother pointed out today that he has part of his tongue missing on his left side. Not sure if I've noticed it before and just forgot or what.
    Surely they would've noticed this during surgery as they usually have to move it out of the way. If something happened they would've told us, right?
    I wonder if it's just a deformity he was born with. Never noticed him have a mouth injury during all his life I've had him. Just odd, I observed him while he was bathing, definitely some tongue missing.
    Doing good though, bg is still in normal range. He's eating well. Just his usual grumpy self.
    Hope everybody is doing well. I haven't been keeping up with everyone's posts as much lately.:bighug:

2. Teri & Disco NoFurNo (GA)

Teri & Disco NoFurNo (GA) Well-Known Member

3. Teri & Disco NoFurNo (GA)

Teri & Disco NoFurNo (GA) Well-Known Member

Good to see his pictures and see that he seems to be healing up well. I would be sure to ask your vet about the time and the whether they think it was an injury or if he was born like that.

LilTurkey likes this.
  4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

He's so adorable. I'm glad he's doing well. Sorry he got your lip. I hope it heals quickly. I'd ask the vet about his tongue.

LilTurkey likes this.
  5. LilTurkey

LilTurkey Member

Thomas is playing with his pom pom balls again. Played for a while, was worried he wouldn't be interested but he seemed to have a lot of fun. His weight is staying about the same, glad he didn't really gain any. Hopefully now that he's playing again he'll lose those last 3 lbs.