05/07/18 Squallie AMPS 92, +4/51, +6/50, +9/58, PMPS 65/63, +6/69

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Squalliesmom, May 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

2. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

Looking good, Squallie! It does look like he’s headed for a reduction. :cat:

Mine get super lazy sauce when it’s too hot. For former desert creatures, they sure can hang with the heat, huh? :joyful:

Do you remember back in 4/2016 when his numbers went wacky, it said suspected UTI on your SS but they stayed wacky for quite a bit. Was it a UTI or what finally turned him back around to nice numbers again?

Also, has he had another UTI since the d mannose or would you say that stuff works awesome?

Squalliesmom likes this.
  3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice surfing for Squallie. I hope he will eat a little more for you so he can keep surfing safely.

Squalliesmom likes this.
  4. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Come on , sweet Squallie , eat for your momma :bighug::bighug::bighug: Lucy, he and Elmo look so much alike :):cat:

Squalliesmom likes this.
  5. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Reducie soon Squallie.

Squalliesmom likes this.
  6. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

You got your wish!:D

Squalliesmom likes this.
  7. Squalliesmom

I'm not sure whether or not it was actually a UTI but he seemed to respond to the ABs, and improved. I do know he seemed prone to idiopathic urinary irritations, which would send his BG soaring. Since I started him on d-mannose, it has not happened. I would definitely say that stuff is awesome! :):cat::bighug:

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  8. Squalliesmom

They do, don't they? Handsome boys! :cat::bighug::cat::bighug:

9. Squalliesmom

Tonight was another No-Shot night for Mr. Bear. With his numbers being so low all day and a low pre-shot, coupled with his poor appy today, I didn't think I wanted to risk a probable hypo!

Beth 73 likes this.
  10. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Lucy, when you get a chance , I’d love info on d-mannose and how /why you give it to Squallie :):bighug::cat:

Squalliesmom likes this.
  11. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Get that appy going Squallie. You look awesome.

Squalliesmom likes this.
  12. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

That’s amazing to hear! I just started using it with Asia, I hope it keeps the UTIs away for her too. Asia has responded to the antibiotics in that she’s not symptomatic anymore of the UTI, but her BGs are still haywire which is so weird. I noticed it took Squallie a good bit to get back on track too. Thanks, will keep on with the d mannose. :):bighug:

Squalliesmom likes this.
  13. Squalliesmom

Thanks, Paula!:bighug::bighug::bighug:

14. Squalliesmom

Squallie was having a lot of UTIs/idiopathic urinary tract irritations. D-mannose is the part of the cranberry that helps heal urinary issues; it binds bacteria to it so it is flushed out instead of clinging to the walls of the urinary tract. It is a sugar, but one that is safe to give diabetics. I buy Now brand from Amazon.com, and give him 1/8 tsp twice a day mixed in with his food. He has not had a single urinary issue since I've had him on it, so I'm pretty well sold on it's effectiveness!

Beth 73 and Stacy & Asia like this.
  15. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

Squallie, if you want a reducie, say so! Don't just beat around the bush! :rolleyes:

I think skipping tonight was a good choice. A little depot draining will help you see if he really is ready for a reduction.

Sending appy vines.

Squalliesmom likes this.
  16. Squalliesmom

Thanks, Tricia! I appreciate the support! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Give Boris and Natasha some scritches from me!:cat: :cat:

Stacy & Asia likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.