05/08 Not sure what's happening

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by BJM, May 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

@Lorraine Edwards wrote
    I think I see a cat trying to go off of insulin, myself. Let's see how the day goes.

2. Elizabeth and Bertie

Elizabeth and Bertie Well-Known Member

Oooh, yes, I agree with BJ, Lorraine.... (Fingers crossed/anti-jinx)

And I do wonder if Molly was hungry yesterday because her blood glucose was dropping low (increased appetite can be an indicator of that).

Eliz

3. Lorraine Edwards

Lorraine Edwards Member

Hi, HOPEFULLY!! ive just done her glucose levels and she is only a 9.5, and has only eaten a little food, been really comfortable and had proper sleep today, and not pestering for food, but I don't know whether to give her a .2 insulin and test he this evening or leave it and see what her body does, I would appreciate any suggestions thanks Lorraine

4. Lorraine Edwards

Lorraine Edwards Member

How Amazing Mollys first full day in the BLUE !! Ive given her the 0.2 and will keep checking her levels, as I don't want to let her levels rise ,Thanks Guys for all your help appreciate it Lorraine

5. Lorraine Edwards

Lorraine Edwards Member

Hi Eliz, Lets hope so!!! I will monitor her well but yes fingers crossed x shes doing really well!! Lorraine

6. SuePea

SuePea Member

This sounds exciting!!!! good luck to you both!!!!

7. Jamye and Fred

Jamye and Fred Member

Hope it's going well. I think you're dates are a bit off on your SS. :)

8. manxcat419

manxcat419 Well-Known Member

The dates are UK format by the look of the ss - in the UK, the date is written day, month, year - it can get confusing! :)

Jamye and Fred likes this.
  9. Lorraine Edwards

Lorraine Edwards Member

Hi thanks f
    Hi thanks for pointing that out I guess it can be confusing, I was wondering what was wrong with my dates lol

manxcat419 likes this.
  10. manxcat419

manxcat419 Well-Known Member

I'm perpetually confused by dates these days having grown up in the UK and then moving to the US a year and a half ago - no matter what the format, I have to read them twice now. So while I do understand both formats, I also see why the confusion occurs! ;)

11. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

If you wish, you may insert a column for dates in a different format. Its your spreadsheet. :)

12. Lorraine Edwards

Lorraine Edwards Member

First night of not giving Molly any insulin!!!:cat: her test tonight is 7.3 cant believe it, she is doing amazing!!!

13. SuePea

SuePea Member

go, Molly!!!

14. Shiloh & Rhonda (GA)

Shiloh & Rhonda (GA) Well-Known Member

How is Molly doing today?

15. Lorraine Edwards

Lorraine Edwards Member

Hi Rhonda, thanks for asking, shes doing really well, we are only giving her insulin which is the smallest amount we can give with the u100 syringes in the morning, shes had two nights on the trot where she has been in the 7 scale so haven't given her insulin, and by the morning shes only in the 10 scale, she is really bright in herself, playing with catnip toys, sleeping well, and in a really good routine with eating, so I am so thrilled to be in this place with hercat_wings>o had a chat with her vet yesterday took her bg chart to her, and she tells me its happened to quick!!!! and not to give insulin unless Mollys a 18/20 bg o_O but she did reluctantly say at the end of the conversation she is doing well, and she is happy with what we are doing lol, so I adopted the nod approach and smiled sweetly lol.
    Hows things with you? Lorraine

16. Lorraine Edwards

Lorraine Edwards Member

2nd night of no insulin for Molly !!!

Elizabeth and Bertie likes this.
  17. Shiloh & Rhonda (GA)

Shiloh & Rhonda (GA) Well-Known Member

Morning Lorraine! So glad to hear about Molly's second night! I'm doing. Like I've said many, many times, this is all overwhelming. Shiloh takes the shots well, but not so much with the testing. I'm having to poke her 3, 4, sometimes more, and still not getting a testable amount. She gets so worked up with the continued poking that I just have to let her go. I've managed to get a few reading, varying from the low 200s to low 300s, but it's only been three days now.

And I'm stressing with my job, trying to get them to understand what is going on and how emotional it is for me. I am just waiting for it to get easier!

18. Lorraine Edwards

Lorraine Edwards Member

It is overwhelming!!, but like you say it is early days and it DOES get better, Molly hated her BG tests, but she slowly got used to getting on her cushion, with a lot of bribery of food or treats. There ears do start to bleed easier the more they are done, but I still have times I have to poke Molly 3-4 times to draw blood. It is tough you are also stressing over work, but I do hope they will understand your situation. You are doing your best that's all any of us can do, and keep ging it will get easier

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.