05/12/18 Texas Gizmo PMPS=191, +2=179, +4.5=133

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by LizzieInTexas, May 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

05/11

AMPS=175

He woke me up by laying on me and purring in my ear :cat:. We snuggled for abut 30 min before I got up.

Ate good this morning. Didn't give the AM Ondan. Sometimes I think that med is counterproductive. IDK - just a gut feeling. I do know that it can cause constipation and, while he is going, they are not logs but large pellets. But since I am home I can give later if I think it may be needed. I will add some Miralax to his food tonight.

I got more of the Torb ordered yesterday so it is on its way. Need to order some Canna. He seems painful in his tummy area - could be his panc acting up. I will give some pain meds shortly. That is the hardest thing. Not knowing if he is in pain and if so, how bad.

While his numbers are not great they are comfortable right now for both of us. He was 123 @ +4 last night and could have gone a bit lower.

Happy Caturday!

MyTitan (GA) likes this.
  2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

What a nice way to wake up. It is hard to balance everything out sometimes. I hope you can keep Gizmo feeling good. Sending prayers.

LizzieInTexas likes this.
  3. LizzieInTexas

I would be much easier if they spoke human or we spoke cat :smuggrin:

4. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Yes, I agree, wishing they could talk. The only redeeming thing about them being diabetic is their numbers do "talk" to us.

What is Torb? Also, do you give the Natural Moves to him for constipation? I have found that if I give any more than 1/8 of a capsule in Bubba's food he won't touch it without me having to sprinkle on some Flortiflora. The 1/8 seems to keep him moving well.

5. LizzieInTexas

Pain med. Torbogesic (BUTORPHANOL). It works better for Gizmo than the Bupe. Doesn't space him out as bad and a lot less expensive. I had it compounded from Diamondback. The vet office was going to have to order it anyway.

I am only adding the b12, b complex and phosphorus binder to his food. With his eating being off/iffy I don't want to push the issue. I am not giving MMR anymore either. I am not sure why but he is suddenly turned off by it :banghead:. It seems it started with a new bottle of MMR but who knows:mad:

The Canna gets put in a tiny bit of juicy fishy food (I hide it beween layers:rolleyes:).

Last edited: May 12, 2018
    Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  6. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Happy Weekend , Lizzie :bighug: Please tell me ab canna , do you need a script ? Where do you get it ? Think it would be good to have on hand . Glad you awoke to a purry , snuggling Gizmo :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:( And an amen to Bobbie and Natural Moves ... I use 1/8 a day with Elmo too and he poops like magic !!)

7. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Wonderful way to wake up.

8. LizzieInTexas

9. LizzieInTexas

It is a wonderful tool to have.

Here is the link to the discussion in the Think Tank:
    http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...bd-drops-are-actually-legal-in-all-50.174950/

I use Canna Companion. They are out of regular strength but I just give 1/2 capsule of the x-strength. Gizmo does not like anything "oil".
    https://cannacompanionusa.com/

Vets "designed" this brand and offer a free consultation if needed/wanted. I tried the oil but Gizmo wouldn't eat any food with it in it so I went back to these.

The Best!

Beth 73 likes this.
  10. MyTitan (GA)

MyTitan (GA) Well-Known Member

Gizmo is coming down nicely today!

11. LizzieInTexas

He has had a very nice cycle today. I am really glad he did it today when I could test. It is comforting to know that in the event he doesn't eat (when I am at work) he is not in shark territory. I am really hoping he can hold this dose for the week again. I am very pleased with his numbers overall (considering everything the poor boy has going on).

He is also feeling pretty good today. He has been interactive and loving and overall more active (with naps in between:joyful:).

12. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

This is what matters most :)

13. LizzieInTexas

;)

How is Bronx boy?

14. HWright

HWright Well-Known Member

:bighug:❤️:bighug:

15. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

Not sure, thanks for asking. For the 1st time in his life he peed a whole lot by my kitchen sink floor mat last eve. He has peed outside the box and sometimes on the landing mat in the stairs between main level and his litter box (which is all the way down the stairs), which I associated with arthritis issues going down the stairs. But never upstairs nowhere near the stairs leading down to the box. At least it was easy to clean up. Seems he likes to pee on floor mats? Or something else? I'll have to keep an eye on it. Otherwise, he is still acting like his same ole cranky-old-man self :cat:

16. LizzieInTexas

PMPS=191

History:
    AMPS=175, +2=143, +4=99, +6=95, +11=191

17. LizzieInTexas

Maybe time for a urinalysis? Just to be cautious? Poor cranky-lil-boy :oops::cat: (hubby always calls Gizmo lil-old-man). I don't like "old" :(

Bronx's dad (GA) likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.