05-20 Nikita, AMPS308 +2:259 +5:45 +6:46 back to 2ui er no... 1.75 tonight PMPS146

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Marie Dagobah&Nikita, May 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marie Dagobah&Nikita

Marie Dagobah&Nikita Member

Aloha! :)

We are back to 2ui for Nikita. I also increased her meal (from 160 to 175g Animonda Carny / cycle) because she’s always hungry

Let’s see what happens...

2. Cyndy

Cyndy Member

Yep, let's see.

Can you calculate the amount of calories she needs per day? Someone here told me how to to that, I'm going to dig to find that info.

3. Marie Dagobah&Nikita

I'm waiting for this info, because I don't know how to do ;-)

But with Nikita, its very simple: you put 300g/lunch, she will eat 300g and try to make you think she didn't get food since a week... (no doubt about it, it's my cat!)

4. Marie Dagobah&Nikita

:banghead: +5: Tell me it's a joke!!!!

5. Cyndy

Cyndy Member

We'll see what other members have to say about that. I think 1.75 is what she needs right now.

I found the info about the calories, I'm writing it in French :)

Tu prends son poids souhaité (un bon poids pour être en bonne santé), tu le mets en livres (pounds), tu le multiplies par 13,5 et tu ajoutes 70.

Exemple avec Nam-kha qui fait maintenant 4kg = 9 livres à peu près, tu fais 9 x 13,5 + 70 = 191,5. Nam-kha a donc besoin de 191 calories par jour.

Tu vois comment faire ?

Last edited: May 20, 2018
  6. Steph & Quintus & L & O

Steph & Quintus & L & O Well-Known Member

This is maddening! 2ui seems too much, 1.75 not enough.

I think that in a situation like this you need to go back to 1.75 and hold it longer than the 5 cycles you did. At least that is what I'd suggest.

I'd love to hear what @Stacy & Asia thinks -- though it's not exactly the same, your two girls kind of remind me of Asia (being difficult customers)

7. Marie Dagobah&Nikita

I begin to hate them, both!!!

8. Marie Dagobah&Nikita

@Cyndy I get approximately the same result for Nikita (4,5kg = 9 lb and 14.7328 oz)

She is fine with her low numbers, she hunts her sisters and steals peas...

Last edited: May 20, 2018
  9. Marie Dagobah&Nikita

@Gill & George , the same question for another post. Promise, I only have two diabetics, I leave you after this one [​IMG]

10. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

They are both long term diabetics, you can hold a dose longer than 1 time below 50. Try holding the dose for 3 below 50 on 3 separate days before you reduce, once below 40 is an immediate reduction. Additionally you could measure with calipers or try the German ruler (but you would need to use the same BD syringes they use for that to be accurate) and try a dose in between 1.75 and 2 units. I would try the 3 below 50 first. You just need to be mindful of the gaps in your pm cycles, if they go too low when you are sleeping, it could be trouble.

11. Marie Dagobah&Nikita

Hi Stacy!
    Is a caliper what we call in French a “pied à coulisse” ?
    I can’t be totally sure for yesterday but I think she would have been less than 40 if she didn’t eat peas and kibbles (baby was really angry so I couldn’t monitor as much as I wanted)
    Does it count?
    For pm cycles I really do my best, but I really need to sleep: I’m up until 4:30 am, sometimes more. The shot is at 12:30

12. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

Yes, that is it, you would want a small digital one, you can get online or at a hardware/tools shop. It should be rather inexpensive, it looks something like this:

0C0BA4B3-F762-4EA6-AB2F-991DED5BA340.jpeg

I know you’re doing the best you can, I just wanted to make sure you are aware that if you hold a dose that you know could take them too low, it can take them too low at the most inconvenient times. I find it easier to set an alarm to spot check rather than stay awake until past nadir. And if they didn’t go below 50 or 40, it doesn’t count, even if it’s due to the food they ate. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.