05/21 Ivana BG=76

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Tara & Ivana (GA), May 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tara & Ivana (GA)

Tara & Ivana (GA) Well-Known Member

Last post

Newsflash: Ivana is a poo-head.

Last month we started her on Comfortis, which is a once-a-month tablet for fleas. At $100 for a pack of 6 tablets it's not cheap but it's the only thing that works for her. It's a big chewable flavoured tablet (meant for dogs, but also fine for cats), and last month she just ate it right out of my hand like a treat. Wow, I thought, this is gonna be so easy! Fast-forward to Thursday, and she would not eat this month's tablet out of my hand. So I crushed it and mixed it in with her lunch. Nope, she did not eat her lunch. I figured she'd get hungry enough to eat it a few hours later, but by the time dinner came she still hadn't eaten lunch. I mixed in her dinner of mince meat, which is her favourite thing, thinking that the tablet (that she ate willingly last month!) would be so dilute now that her love of mince would override her stubburnness and she'd eat it. Nope. By this time I had the dirts with her because those tablets aren't cheap and buggered if I was going to let her waste one. No midnight snack for you missy! Unfortunately my plan of 'eat it or starve' did not work, because she did infact starve. Stubburn as a mule, like mother like daughter.

So Friday night we tried to shove a new tablet down her throat in quarters, but no luck so we had to crush it and make a paste and attempt to squirt it into her. She was not a fun kitty to be around of the rest of that night and hubby has the claw marks to prove it, but at least she stopped scratching from those darn fleas. So yes, Ivana is a poo-head. The good news is that she is getting along with Shiraz the chicken who now
    lives indoors from about 4pm til about 8am, here's some cuteness photos for you:

20170507_112005.jpg

Ivana watches Shiraz sleep - not creepy at all haha
    20170509_175827.jpg

And here is hubby helping Ivana to make me a cup of tea on Mother's Day:
    20170514_163629.jpg

Hope all kitties and beans are well!

2. Tara & Ivana (GA)

Tara & Ivana (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh I forgot to add that she is now on the full dose of the Healthy Mouth for the past week, still with a fabulous BG so I'm 100% confident that it doesn't affect her - phew!

Shoeskitty-GA likes this.
  3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Such cute pictures. I'm glad Ivana and Shiraz are getting along. Sorry she gave you such a hassle with the flea tablet. Typical cat. I'm glad she's still in good numbers.

Tara & Ivana (GA) likes this.
  4. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Happy to hear that Ivana continues to do well and has made friends with Shiraz!

Tara & Ivana (GA) likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.