05/22 Shmee PMPS 61, gave full dose, +1 68, +2 61, +3 65, +4 58, +5 86, +6 124

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Amanda & Shmee, May 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amanda & Shmee

Amanda & Shmee Well-Known Member

2. Amanda & Shmee

PMPS 61! :eek:

Ok to shoot full dose?? From our conversation yesterday I am gathering I should probably just shoot the full dose?? I will be available to test him. I will set alarms if need be.
    @Chris & China @Stacy & Asia @Wendy&Neko

I tested him at 8:55... it has been 5 minutes.

Last edited: May 22, 2018
    Stacy & Asia likes this.
  3. Amanda & Shmee

@Bobbie And Bubba I see you are online - I am willing to shoot the full dose .. it would just make me feel so much better if someone experienced confirmed this is ok to do.

4. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Can you monitor closely tonight and have HC food and plenty of test strips if needed?

Amanda & Shmee likes this.
  5. Amanda & Shmee

PS I just remembered I should not have fed him to see if he was still going down... dang it I fed him :banghead:

6. Christie & Maverick

Christie & Maverick Well-Known Member

I'm not @Bobbie And Bubba nor as experienced, but I looked at your SS, and there some serious downward momentum today. Can you stall and not feed, to see if Shmee's number are coming up?

7. Amanda & Shmee

Yes!

8. Amanda & Shmee

I already fed him :banghead::(

9. Bobbie And Bubba

You have never shot a green and it could be that she will shoot back up after going to the 60's but maybe not. I would go for it. This is the break you have been wanting to see.

10. Bobbie And Bubba

Get a +1 since this is the lowest number you have shot and also get a +2 as that will indicate how the cycle will go for you. If the +2 is the same number or lower, it will be an active cycle and you will need to be vigilant. I will circle back in an hours to see how it's going.

11. Amanda & Shmee

Ok thank you, I appreciate it!

12. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

Looks like he's breaking a bounce and probably not likely to stay in green for long, but I agree with Bobbie, shoot as long as you can monitor and have high carbs or sugar to keep numbers up if needed. Exciting! :D

13. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Go for it but definitely get a +1 and be prepared for a long night

14. Christie & Maverick

Christie & Maverick Well-Known Member

I'll be around for support, will be here to help if you need it :bighug:

15. Amanda & Shmee

Will do, thank you everyone! He is stocked up on honey and a few different flavors of Gravy Lovers so I will use those if needed.

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  16. Amanda & Shmee

I think he went lower tonight for PMPS because I take away his food by 6pm (+9) and he had not eaten the full can by then tonight. He ate about 1/2 - 3/4. I think he was just being picky today so I just switched to his other "go-to" flavor and he ate a lot.

17. Bobbie And Bubba

Here it is, the coveted Balls of Steel awarded to you on behalf of the whole L & L ISG for shooting the first green pre shot.

upload_2018-5-22_21-25-23.png

18. Bobbie And Bubba

He could be on the up rise then so the +1 and the +2 will be telling.

19. Amanda & Shmee

Hahaha thank you! It is scary that's for sure!

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  20. Bobbie And Bubba

It is but also very gratifying as this is the "snap" that you've been waiting for. If he starts to shoot back upwards again, then you didn't lose any momentum by NOT shooting the full dose and if he hangs in greens for a while, WONDERFUL! Just what you have wanted to see.

ETA: Added the work NOT in caps after momentum above.

Last edited: May 22, 2018
    Reason for edit: ETA
    Amanda & Shmee and Stacy & Asia like this.
  21. Bobbie And Bubba

Inquiring minds want to know: Have you got a +1 yet?

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  22. Stacy & Asia

68, nice! Going up a tad, haven’t hit onset yet, but also no super bounce (yet) :p. Could be an interesting night.

23. Bobbie And Bubba

No food hike. It will be interesting to see if he will go lower or just surf. See you at +2.

24. Amanda & Shmee

Sorry I get confused on whether I should comment on the post or just add it to the title - I have seen both ways!

+1 68
    +2 in about 35 minutes

25. Bobbie And Bubba

If you post in your thread then those of us following will get notified. If Stacy had not seen the +1 in your title and commented , I wouldn't have seen it as I didn't think to look there.

26. Stacy & Asia

For a night like tonight, both would be good. The title let’s people know at a quick glance what is happening.

27. Stacy & Asia

I didn’t see it in the title, I looked on the SS because I already had it open. :p

28. Bobbie And Bubba

It didn't show when I looked. Perhaps, Amanda posted it right after I looked.

29. Amanda & Shmee

+2 61
    Yikes I cannot call off tomorrow so I hope I at least get a few hours of sleep tonight! HC food / honey only if he goes under 50, correct?

30. Stacy & Asia

I would feed the 61 and see if you can encourage some surfing so it doesn't go lower.

31. Stacy & Asia

You can always abort the cycle by feeding high carb if you need to get some sleep.

32. Bobbie And Bubba

He's in the same ball park as the Pre shot. I agree with Stacy and give some Low carb food a couple of tsp to keep him surfing. Get a test in another hour or so. Like Stacy said, if you need to sleep, give him some MC or HC now and boost him up so it carries him into his nadir.

33. Bobbie And Bubba

Maybe give some higher carb food now, go to sleep, set your alarm for around 2-3 AM which would be around nadir and see how he's doing.

34. Amanda & Shmee

I just tried to feed him his regular LC food and he wasn't interested - he's sleepy. I will try again though in a few minutes.
    I actually just took a migraine pill for a horrible headache about an hour ago which has caffeine, so I will be up a while longer anyway. Still think I should give him the HC food, or only if I am going to sleep? I want to do this the right way and only give him the HC food if necessary, regardless of whether I need sleep (at least that's how I feel now, we will see in a few hours if I feel the same... ha).

35. Bobbie And Bubba

If you think you'll be up for a few hours, I would probably give him a little of LC or MC food to keep his head above the water since he hasn't hit nadir and you don't have any data on how he is going to do with a green pre shot. I would probably get another test in hour which is around onset.

I need to sign off but will be up again in a few hours to check on Bubba and I will peek in. If you have any issues, post a 911 for help.

Stacy & Asia and Amanda & Shmee like this.
  36. Chris & China (GA)

I'd hold off on the HC unless you plan on sleeping

He does need to eat a little now though...maybe mix a little "gravy" with his LC food to make a MC and get him interested in eating? Just a couple teaspoons total

37. Amanda & Shmee

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  38. Stacy & Asia

This is the "fun" part...trying to get them to eat when you need them to eat but they are not interested. :rolleyes:

Gravy always comes in handy, or anything else you know they will perk up to eat when regular food won't do. I try to keep lower carb gravies on hand just for such occasions.

39. Amanda & Shmee

+2.5 = mixed in 2 teaspoons of HC to his LC and he scarfed it down. Even though he is pretty annoyed at first that I am trying to get him to eat, he realizes he loves it and it gives me a little comfort that he gets a little treat out of this :)

+3 65

Testing again at +4. He just got done eating the MC mix about 20 minutes ago, so hopefully its still working it's magic and he will raise a little.

40. Stacy & Asia

I think some cats go low on purpose just to get the gravy and HC good stuff. :joyful:

Looking pretty flat so far, great surfing, Shmee! Can't ask for better than that! :cat:

41. Chris & China (GA)

Perfect!! (funny how that works, ain't it??….LOL)

Those surfing lessons are starting to pay off Shmee!! Keep on hanging onto that board and stay away from the sharks!!
    tuxedo cat surf.jpg

Amanda & Shmee and Stacy & Asia like this.
  42. Amanda & Shmee

+4 58
    Gave more MC food (mixed 2 teaspoons of HC & 2 teaspoons of LC).
    He isn't a big fan of the chunks in the FF gravy food so he left some of the chunks, but the rest was scarfed down.

Chris & China (GA) likes this.
  43. Chris & China (GA)

None of them seem to like the chunks....but what a lot of us do is pop the top, then put it back down and "squeeze" the gravy into another bowl (you can actually get quick a lot out of one can!)

It's messy, but it works...and most of the carbs are in the gravy anyway

Stacy & Asia and Amanda & Shmee like this.
  44. Amanda & Shmee

Interesting ok I will have to try this

45. Amanda & Shmee

+5 86
    I wonder if it is safe to go to bed? If so ok to sleep until AMPS (if I am able to) or would you wake up and test again?
    Or stay up one more hour since this number was probably mostly food influenced?
    Should I leave out MC food or stick with only his regular LC now?

46. Stacy & Asia

There is potentially still food influence there with the medium carb. Usually two hours after HC is when we call it safe, medium carb might be less than that, I'm not certain. You could either leave out some medium carb and get some sleep or set your alarm to get one more test if no medium carb. The more cycles you have in green, the better you will be able to predict how Shmee reacts to food, where he typically nadirs, when the carbs wear off, etc.

Good job with him tonight, I hope your headache goes away and you're not a work zombie tomorrow. :bighug:

47. Chris & China (GA)

I'd test once more at +6 without giving him any more food or only a little LC

I have to be out early so I have to take off but wanted to make sure Shmee was doing OK first. I did ask someone to check on you later though.

Surf safely!!

48. Amanda & Shmee

Thank you I appreciate the advice :)

Sounds good, I am going to get one more test at +6 without the HC.
    Thank you, my headache is gone, the Excedrin works wonders, although the caffeine is the downfall if you take it at night. Although it worked out good for me tonight since I needed to stay up :smuggrin:. I already emailed my manager and told her I am clocking in two hours late, haha. I am lucky enough to have "flex time" so I can clock in two hours late if I want to, as long as I make it up later in the day.

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  49. Steph & Quintus & L & O

Steph & Quintus & L & O Well-Known Member

Just a note to say I'm around if you need anything!

50. Amanda & Shmee

+6 124
    I am going to try and sleep now :cool:
    Thank you everyone :bighug:

51. Steph & Quintus & L & O

Steph & Quintus & L & O Well-Known Member

Take care, and safe surfing to Shmee!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.