05/25 Boomer AMPS 148 +3 56 +5 49 +6 50, +9 90 PMPS 128 +3 142 reducie, wildlife photo

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Judy and Boomer, May 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Yesterday: swimming with the sharks
    Good morning!
    AMPS 148 shooting a reduction to 1.5u

My boy sure was on a mission yesterday! I tested him +15 last night; 106.
    He ate most of his overnight fuds but left about half of his +6 and a wee bit of his +9. He came to bed after his +9 last night and was still snuggled in beside me when I woke this morning.

Allen ate ok last night; finished off his chicken pate and ate a long of his ff ocean whitefish tuna. I didn't bother to give him any kidney food; the times I've tried he still won't touch it. He should have been fasted last night however neither DH nor I were inclined to make him fast for 8 hours overnight. So we are going to feed him at the normal time then fast him for 4 hours, give the alendronate, fast another 2. And I will get a BG from him sometime towards the end of the 6 hours. I hope doubling the diazoxide has had a chance to work and his BG has come up. We haven't seen him head-shaking again since that one night. But he's still not feeling well.....very little appy and he's not social although he did visit DH on the couch once yesterday.

I haven't seen Daisy and Duke yet today although they could have come and gone before I woke this morning. And yesterday I watched a squirrel trying to access the bird feeder. He did finally manage to climb onto the feeder from the shepherd hook but couldn't fit his face into the tiny seed holes so he gave up. BEAN WIN!

Today's wildlife photo is of a male Northern Flicker taken at one of our nearby ponds.

Attached Files:

2. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Today , Judy 1... squirrel 0 :joyful::woot:;)

Judy and Boomer likes this.
  3. Noah & me (GA)

Noah & me (GA) Well-Known Member

Thanks Judy :( We only have seagulls and geese in Milton. Have seen only one raccoon all year.

4. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

Mission accomplished Boomer but gesh that was a lot of drama yesterday. Congrats on the reducie. Sending loads of vines and prayers for Allen to feel better and the double dose of meds does the trick :bighug::bighug::bighug:

5. Judy and Boomer

I have one (sometimes two) raccoon that come up on my deck each night and eats the leftover birdseed.

Noah & me (GA) likes this.
  6. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Congrats on the reducie. I hope Allen feels better soon. Good luck juggling things today. Sending prayers.

Great picture.

7. Noah & me (GA)

Noah & me (GA) Well-Known Member

When they build these stupid subdivisions and flatten everything, I just hate it. This area has never recovered, dead trees everywhere.
    We were in Nanaimo earlier this month, lots of old hippies and green everywhere. I boarded Noah at Robinson in Milton (completely freaked about that) and got him home in one piece. He's a great vet and actually listened to me when I explained what bouncing was.

8. Judy and Boomer

Yes it takes a very long time for nature to take its course. We're lucky; we have a newer home (about 15 years old) but in a very old part of the city and we have the river within walking distance (if we chose to lol) and several ponds only 5-10 minutes away as well as having Lake Erie about half an hour drive and Lake Huron about 70 minutes.

9. Judy and Boomer

Excuse me? +3 56????
    How can that possibly be after a N/S and a reducie?
    And no, I did not retest. I have never had a number error on the meter; it's very sensitive and if there isn't enough blood it gives me an error message.

ETA: gave a wee bit of higher carb ff to slow this down (and then his regular food)

10. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Boomer is on a mission, isn't he??? Keep it safe, dude!

Appy and feel better vines for Allen.

As always, I love the bird photo!!

11. Judy and Boomer

Funny.....usually he spends all morning until +3 on the desk in the spare room and then his afternoon spot varies between the two bedrooms. Yesterday at +3 he laid down in a box in the living room (where I was) and stayed there all day. This morning, he came out of the spare room around +2.25 and laid in the box and is still there. Maybe he's trying to tell me something lol. Or sticking close by in case he needs me.

12. Judy and Boomer

+5 49
    Giving a bit of chicken pate

13. Judy and Boomer

Allen's BG after 6 hour fast is 54

14. Judy and Boomer

15. Judy and Boomer

+9 90 and here is the bounce.
    Oh and Daisy and Duke have come for a visit and are lounging by our pond.

LizzieInTexas and Beth 73 like this.
  16. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

That's an improvement - I know it's still a tad low, but still awesome that it is better!

17. Judy and Boomer

PMPS 128 shooting 1.5u

18. Judy and Boomer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.