05/29 Boomer AMPS 155 +3 81 +6 50 PMPS 86,+2 151 and Allen seems to feel a bit better tonight!

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Judy and Boomer, May 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Yesterday
    Good morning!
    AMPS 155 shooting 1.25u

Boomer ate most of his overnight fuds, leaving a bit of the +3 and all of the +6 but eating all of his extra plate of food and all of the +9.

Allen ate better last night. He seemed to be feeling a bit better yesterday; at least he spent some time on the desk under the open window (instead of in his hidey-hole) and he asked for food a couple of times. But then he didn't eat much of his dinner and barfed 5 minutes after getting his meds. He's also only had two tiny poops (known around here as Allen mcnuggets) in the last 3 or 4 days.

My newborn session was difficult yesterday. I do a "wrapped baby" session and normally once wrapped up tight the baby settles down. But not this one. He was used to being held (mom confessed) so didn't want to be put down. sigh.

On the agenda today: editing the session from yesterday. And I haven't got out for a walk in days! It's been really stinky hot here since Saturday with some air quality warnings out. :p

Today's wildlife photo is of a Barn Swallow. They sure have been cooperative with me this year! And they like sitting on objects or single branches out in the open which is certainly helpful!

Attached Files:

2. HWright

HWright Well-Known Member

Hope everyone’s appetite happy today.
    Good look with the baby session editing. Sounds like the session yesterday was less than pleasant, especially on the ears.

Love your photo. I love swallows, especially love seeing them in flight. What’s on the little one’s beak?

:bighug::bighug:

Judy and Boomer likes this.
  3. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

That's an interesting pose you caught the bird in.

I hope things improve for Allen.

I haven't heard anything so I assume Boomer is now letting you sleep at night? *anti-jinx*

4. Judy and Boomer

He is (anti-jinx). There have been a couple of times when I've woke up and then heard him call me (very softly) and seen him standing in the bedroom doorway. So I'm not sure whether he has actually woke me up or whether he's calling me because he knows I'm awake. But he doesn't continue; I invite him btb and he settles down beside me.

Mandy & Rex (GA) likes this.
  5. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Glad Boomer is eating well. I hope Allen keeps feeling better. Sending prayers.

Great picture.

6. Judy and Boomer

Allen update: he's had several small poops this morning and one decent-sized one. A tiny bit of diarrhea. And only one of the poops is in the litter box. :eek:

Beth 73 likes this.
  7. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Hope Allen feels better soon and the poop department gets straightened out.

8. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

Gesh, I missed that not so lovely 29 the other night :eek::eek: Hope Allen's appy picks up and sorry about the poops out of the LB :( I've been dabbing a bit of butter on Moo's paw each day and she seems to be going consistently and her hairballs had almost disappeared.

9. Judy and Boomer

10. Judy and Boomer

How is Leo doing? I saw on FB that he's not eating well again?

11. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Love the swallow , Judy !!! We have some that build a nest under our deck every year and so enjoy the whole process :) Only down side is having the bird poop but have remedied that with a birdy “ litter box” In the form of a plastic tub lid on the patio under the nest . DH hoses it off every few days :rolleyes:

12. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

He had a bad few days but seems to be back on track. Think it was my doing by trying Primal duck but who knows. Pork it is for the little man.

13. Judy and Boomer

Happy to hear that he is back on track! The food issue is so very exasperating!

14. Judy and Boomer

Seems that I have to offer Allen a new food each time he eats. sigh. I've tried sprinkling parmesan on it; he licks the parmesan off but doesn't eat the food. Doesn't help when I stir the parmesan into the food. I've tried fortiflora.....same thing.

This morning he ate a chunky fancy feast. Three hours later he won't eat it. So I dug out a can of chicken ff. He's eaten most of what I gave him. He won't eat either Purrfect Bistro chicken or turkey (that he used to love). He won't eat any of his kidney foods. So he's getting fancy feast. Not good for him at all. I'm adding a p-binder. But he has to eat.
    But.....he walks out of his bedroom after eating, goes straight to Boomer's auto feeder, and eats Boomer's leftovers (normally there isn't any) and licks the bowl clean. Whatever they are. sigh. I really don't want to do this but I think that, once Boomer is done eating, I'll shut Boomer in the bedroom and try putting kidney diet food in the dish to see if Allen will eat it. Maybe I'll try it at +6.

These food issues will drive me crazy.

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  15. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

Glad Boomer is being good!

Toki does the same thing, licks the parm off the food and leaves the food! :rolleyes:

Fish and seafoods are typically low P. Not something I would want to feed them regularly, but maybe a little fish juice in his food would entice him?

I wish there were easy answers for picky cats, but I’m sure you know and have tried all the tricks. Hopefully his hunger will get the best of him and he’ll just eat something. :bighug:

16. Judy and Boomer

Well, he's not normally picky. But doubling the diazoxide has upset his tummy and reduced his appy.
    He does want to eat. I just had some leftover roast chicken for lunch and he jumped up on the counter and was looking for some for a wee snack. I gave him a couple of pieces which he did eat (and of course Boomer joined us; he loves his chicken).

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  17. Judy and Boomer

18. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

:eek::eek:

19. Judy and Boomer

That's my boy! 2 reductions within 7 days and this is only cycle 3 of the current dose! :D

Mandy & Rex (GA) likes this.
  20. Judy and Boomer

PMPS 86 shooting 1.25u
    And Allen seems to be feeling better. He was a bit livelier today although it still took me close to an hour to get him to eat at +3. But he was waiting for dinner for about half an hour and actually ate it all and it was Purrfect Bistro turkey! I had only given him a small serving so I gave him a bit more and he ate a wee bit. YAY Adding a big ANTI JINX to this post!

carfurby (GA) likes this.
  21. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

l Love the pic, I had no idea the barn swallows were so pretty. Hope Allen gets to feeling better, I'm glad Boomer is doing well.

22. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Sometime we'll all have to do a count of how many cans we have opened only to have the contents picked at and then rejected! Glad Purrfect Bistro turkey worked tonight!

Great photo.

23. Judy and Boomer

+2 151
    And there' s another bounce!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.