05/30/14 Mom-mom AMPS 237,+2-492,+5-495,+10-hi

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Mom-Mom, May 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mom-Mom

Mom-Mom Member

So I switched her off the Fancy Feast, regardless of what Binky's list says. She just doesn't get good numbers with the Fancy Feast. She has been on hi numbers (in thr 500's) for the past few days. Actually today and last night she was doing pretty good. She was at a 237 this morning and actually had a few good numbers last night but, now she shot up to hi again. I didn't do anything different, actually I switched to "Natural Balance" Indoor Formula. It is one of those high protein, low carb cans. Actually the 1.50 did give me better results than the 1.75, which only gives me pretty good numbers but, only in the morning. But to be quite honest I THINK she got a few licks of ice cream a few days ago, :eek: :eek: :eek: LMAO. I had some myself and put the empty bowl on the bed and turned my head for a split second and she was licking the bowl. Well actually, in her defense it WAS Banana split flavor.
    Anyway, I am gonna stay with the 1.75 for now and hopefully I will see some kind of improvement SOON.
    Thanks EVERYONE for all the inspiration and support, you are ALL like my second family :D :D :D :D :D

2. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Laura,
    I'm so glad to see you back here.

We are a family. We all want to help.
    :YMHUG:

3. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Laura:

Are you using Janet & Binky's food chart? If so, it's very out of date. Lisa Pierson, DVM updated Janet & Binky's list and added a great deal more information to the list. Here's the link to Dr. Lisa's food chart.

I hate to tell you this but the Natural Balance Indoor Chicken is 16% carb. Anything that's over 15% is considered high carb food. That may account for the higher numbers today. The only Natural Balance varieties that are under 10% carb are the stews.

4. Tininha & Juno

Tininha & Juno Member

Hi Laura!

It's great to hear news from you and Mom-Mom :D. Being in 200's is already very good numbers compared to a couple of weeks ago when she was all the time high. I think this is good news. Stick to the same dose.

Have a great evening!
    Cristina

5. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

Hi Laura!

I'd like to suggest that you hold the dose the same when you're faced with a relatively high preshot number, like the 237 this morning or the 238 a couple of days ago. if you can shoot the same dose (the 1.75) with that preshot, you might find that her blood sugar range will come down. When you back away from the dose and reduce it, then she ends right back in the HI numbers.

If you get a preshot that's 150 or less, then post here and ask for help. But everything over that you could probably shoot with the full dose. Anytime you shoot a number lower than you've shot before, get a +1 and a +2 to make sure she isn't diving.

You'll see experienced people here shooting everything above 50 or so. We know that because of the way Lantus works, shooting lower numbers will help a cat get flatter cycles and it can really get rid of the high numbers.

Give it a try and see how it goes.

6. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Every kitty is definitely different when it comes to fuds. My Trixie doesn't do as well on some of the low carb foods that other kitties thrive on. But definitely check out Dr Lisa's list that Sienne posted...it is the gold standard of cat food analysis!!

It's good to hear from you...you're like family to us, too, so please keep us posted on how Mom-Mom is doing!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.