05/31/18 Texas Gizmo PMPS=215, +2=201, +4.5=146, +11=175

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by LizzieInTexas, May 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

05/30 +11=216

AMPS=271

Dang fur shot.

Hope everyone has a great day. :bighug:

Tracey&Jones (GA) likes this.
  2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Gizmo heads down today. :bighug::bighug:

3. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

I was on a roll with them ; I had several in a week period and revisited videos with shot techniques. Since I am using the 3 finger method for tenting, it seems I am doing better. My problem was shooting all the way through the tent even with short needles.

Hope Gizmo is feeling okay!

4. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Hope Gizmo comes down very soon.

5. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

Uggh, sorry about the fur shot

6. LizzieInTexas

@tiffmaxee
    I did a quick search on Epogen and it seems you are one of the few that has given it that is still active here.

Do you remember any side effects? Gizmo seems real lethargic and appy is basically non-existent (though he is nibbling but very, very slowly). This happened the last time I gave him the injections but I didn't think it was the Epogen - I thought it was the antibiotic, now I am not sure. He isn't meatloafed but laying out on his side sleeping. I can't tell if he is nauseated or in pain (but posture doesn't indicate pain).

It is so hard to tell with Gizmo as it could be he isn't feeling well because of pancreatitis, though he isn't acting like he normally acts with a flare - he is acting very, very puny. It could be that this is temp and he will get over it after the initial dose or two but I am worried that it will be an ongoing issue - which won't be an option with him. Last time he got 3 doses and BW showed a significant improvement in HCT so we discontinued.

I can't find much on side effects of Epogen in cats in with my google foo. I am not sure what to do.

7. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

8. LizzieInTexas

PMPS=215

History:
    AMPS=271, +1.5=304

9. LizzieInTexas

Thank you. I had seen the info from diamondback but not the other one. Still no indication of side effects. The list for humans is long and pretty nasty. Maybe he is just recuperating from yesterday.

Got him to eat his PS meal ok. AM cycle he did finish his +2.5 and +4.5 and was very late eating both of those and he did not eat any of his young again (very unlike him).

I may be just being a helicopter mom. But him not eating scares me to death especially when I am at work and cannot do anything about it. Plus it was an extremely stressful day at work.

10. Bellasmom

Oh I totally understand, I will keep looking and see if I can find anything else, did the vet tell you any side effects? I would call and ask them . I’m a helicopter mom lol

11. Bellasmom

Look at this one, go towards the bottom and show side effects
    https://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=10227

LizzieInTexas likes this.
  12. LizzieInTexas

But nothing about nausea. I suppose it could be aching joint. He knda acts like he has the flu (at least like I act when I have the flu :rolleyes::smuggrin:).

Bellasmom likes this.
  13. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

Feel better Gizmo :bighug::bighug::bighug:

LizzieInTexas likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.