06/01 Furball

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by carfurby (GA), Jun 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Last post: http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/05-26-furball.158411/

Furball was happy & purry this morning. She's feeling good right now. I didn't test her last night. I've finally stopped myself from testing her every day. It is very strange to not test each day.

Baby is still sneezing a little, but the Zyrtec keeps it from getting too bad.

Sending prayers to all those dealing with sick kitties and beans. :bighug::bighug:

Last edited: Jun 1, 2016
  2. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Old habits are hard to break and I would find it a hard one to stop myself. Glad she is feeling good and hope baby stops with the sneezing. :cat:

3. Shoeskitty-GA

Shoeskitty-GA Well-Known Member

Yay for Furball! Hope Baby's sneezing doesn't get worse!!!

4. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Happy to hear that Furball continues to do well OTJ! I just switched to semi-weekly testing (from daily testing) last week.

5. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

I hear ya...Trix has been OTJ 2 years now and I still test twice a day. Good for you for cutting back! I'm glad the Zyrtec helps Baby. Have a great day, Carla!

6. Marilyn and Polly

Marilyn and Polly Well-Known Member

Yea for Furball! Less testing. Good! Carla, it's still such a treat to see an update and know the "our" girl is doing so well. Vines for the sneezy Baby.

Marilyn and Polly

7. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

Thanks for the great report! Don't worry Furball, sure mama bean will still give you that test treat:) Hope Baby's sneezing gets better...it's been a rough allergy season this year.

8. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I bet it's hard not to test. Congrats on that. Hope baby stops sneezing soon. Did your vet ever take X-rays or do any kind of diagnostics for the sneezing? Asking because of Max. In your case it's been going on long enough to know it's nothing to be concerned about. Have a great day Carla.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2016
  9. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

No, she never did any testing. I hope Max's sneezing gets better soon.

10. Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA

Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA Well-Known Member

Congratulations on letting some of the testing go! Too bad cats can't do neti pots. Probably would help with that sneezing. Although there would be beans missing fingers, I'm sure.

11. Chrys & Stomper

Chrys & Stomper Well-Known Member

Glad to hear Furball and Baby are doing well! :bighug::bighug:

12. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Good for you on the testing!! IF China ever does go OTJ, I think breaking the testing habit will be the hardest thing for me! Just wanting to "make sure" things are OK would drive me bonkers!

Keep on being a great example, Furball!! You're our inspiration!!

Glad to hear the Zyrtec is helping with Baby's sneezing!

13. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

We helicopter moms find it very hard to land the chopper, even for a short time. Congrats on landing yours!!! I'm sure Furball appreciates it, although she probably wonders why she's not getting that special "attention" every day! Don't worry, Furball. Mama still loves you lots!!!

Sending anti-sneezing vines for Baby.

14. Mandarin'sMom

Mandarin'sMom Well-Known Member

Nice work on cutting back on testing! I simply replaced testing with other routines that my shy little Mandarin previously refused to do. So, rather than testing him, cleaning his ears and I am working my way up to being able to trim his nails. All with plenty of treats and pets, of course.

15. Peg and Toby

Peg and Toby Well-Known Member

So glad To hear Furball updates. It's nice to hear she is still doing well OTJ. It must be hard not to test after doing it for so long. I hope the Zertec keeps baby's allergies under control.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.