06/04/18 Texas Gizmo PMPS=182, +2=184, +4.5=135, +11=191

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by LizzieInTexas, Jun 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

06/03 +11=135

AMPS=148

Shot 1.0 skinny

I honestly don't know how he is doing. Am able to get about 90% of his food in him, sometimes it is a real struggle. No inappropriate elimination yesterday and seems to be less frequent visits to the LB. There is poo, but it is small but well formed. Per weigh in yesterday he lost 4.5oz but I suspect some of that may be fluid loss. This morning he was purry and loving but distant.

I pray he eats today while I am at work. It is the strangest thing that he eats better during AM cycle than PM cycle. I have tried moving meds around to see if that helps (eating @ PM) but nothing seems to make a difference.

I sure wish I could give him pain meds in the AM but I am afraid he won't eat. I have been waiting to give him the little bit I am giving him until after his +4.5 in the PM and of course I am not here to do that during the week for the AM cycle.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

2. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Lots of hugs and vines sending your way:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:hope you and Gizmo have a better day!
    I will be thinking of you guys today and hope he eats well for you today

Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
    LizzieInTexas likes this.
  3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Gizmo eats for you today. Sending more prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

4. LizzieInTexas

Gizmo tends to not follow the rules :rolleyes:. He has chronic pancreatitis so it is a guessing game with him.

I wish there was an expert on the Epogen here. It is almost like it is acting as a diuretic but can't find much on it. I am going to call the pharmacist today and ask them. After much research I am not sure if it is the "spot" in his bladder causing these issues, it is very tiny (5mm x 13mm/3/16" x 1/2") and located at the top of his bladder (no where near the urethra tube and per vet it should not interfer with elimination).

I do know that it (epogen) upsets his tummy BIG time. Going to start giving it after +4.5 PM along with his Cerenia and Ondan and start giving Mirtz at the same time. I am also not being as agressive as the vet wants with it. I am suppose to give 3x/week but I am giving every 3rd day so he is getting 5 doses every 2 weeks (vs 6), I have to keep him eating for this duration. Hopefully we will then be able to go 1x every 3-4 weeks.

5. Chubba (GA)

Chubba (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope he eats for you today. Sending vines and prayers. :bighug:

6. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

I know with bellas sister and her hyper t meds she was puking and I started her on slippery elm 200mg 3x a day and she hasn't puked since, just a thought

7. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Sending super appy prayers to sweet Gizmo :bighug: And hugs to you, Lizzie :bighug::bighug:

8. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Sending appy vines. Eat Gizmo eat.

LizzieInTexas and Bellasmom like this.
  9. LizzieInTexas

Ate his +2.5 on schedule! YAY.

10. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

Good news he ate the +2.5 meal this morning! Has he gotten worse or better since starting the Epogen?

11. LizzieInTexas

Yes and no. It makes him very nauseated (as near as I can tell, he just wont eat after the shot). He seems to be a little more alert though. Everything I have read says 3-5 days to start seeing the benefits, but he reacted very quickly last time he was on it and also this time (within a day and a half).

He ate his +4.5 - YAY! :D
    ^play-by-play provided via the Gizmo webcam :joyful:

12. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

:woot::woot::woot::bighug::bighug::bighug::):):):joyful::joyful::joyful:

13. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

:):):)

We need a thumbs up emoji.

Beth 73 and LizzieInTexas like this.
  14. HWright