06/05/18 Texas Gizmo PMPS=182, =2=89, +3=44, +3.5=40, +4=50, +5=58, +5.5=52

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by LizzieInTexas, Jun 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

06/04 +11=191

AMPS=208

He ate well yesterday. AM cycle like a champ. PM cycle with just a bit of intervention needed.

Gizmo is a member of the CBC this morning! There has been no more inappropriate elimination (that I can find). The water intake is still a bit more than "normal" (for him) but the LB output seems in line. Still a few small dribbles but more normal quantities (at one time).

Unfortunately the epogen shot is tonight. I am going to take a different approach. I am going to give him 1/2 Ondan as soon as I get home (+11.5) (he will get 1/2 Canna @ PS meal also) and then not give the epogen until +4.5 and will give another 1/2 Ondan, 6mg Cerenia and his BP meds at the same time. Then I will give another 1/2 Ondan at +11.5 (tonights cycle @ 4:00am) tomorrow AM. This is to try and see if I can keep the nausea at bay.

Follow up BW for anemia will be next Saturday. We will do a full CBC as it is only $20 more than just the anemia test. Then we will decide if we can go to epogen 1x/week (or other).

Hope everyone has a great day :bighug:

Beth 73 and Shoeskitty-GA like this.
  2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad Gizmo is doing better and eating for you. I hope the new plan with the meds helps. Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug:

LizzieInTexas likes this.
  3. HWright

HWright Well-Known Member

Vines for a good day. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

4. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Thrilled at better Gizmo report :bighug:❤️ Prayers for you to have exceptional wisdom and insights as to what plan to follow for him, Lizzie :) You certainly are a Super Momma Bean ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

5. MyTitan (GA)

MyTitan (GA) Well-Known Member

Looks like you need a personal assistant just to keep track of Gizmos meds and timing ;). You are amazing .

6. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

I’m so happy to hear Gizmo is eating. I hope the new epogen strategy works out and it doesn’t upset his tummy this way. So frustrating that it’s something he very much needs but it’s causing such issues with eating. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

7. LizzieInTexas

PMPS=182

History:
    AMPS=208, +1.5=204

He rrraaannnn down the stairs meowing at me when I got home - lol. Ate all of his PS food without struggle.

8. Beth 73

9. LizzieInTexas

+3=44

:eek:

1 Tbsp HC gravy.

I almost didn't test him @ +2 (he is over being messed with), was surprised with the 89 (83 on retest). Then I almost didn't test him @ +3 (he got a LC treat @ +2.5). @ +3 -- the boy has earned a reduction.

Sure wish his appy was a bit more enthusiastic but he is eating - +2.5 LC he ate about 95%. He just ate the HC gravy (which he always goes mad for) but wasn't slurping it down like he usually does.

10. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

44 :eek:. Gizmo is becoming Mr Unpredictable

11. LizzieInTexas

Got to be the epogen. Right? I mean 2 reductions after 2 doses? I can't think of anything else.

12. LizzieInTexas

Got to be the epogen. Right? I mean 2 reductions after 2 doses? I can't think of anything else.

13. LizzieInTexas

+3.5=40

2 more Tablespoons of HC gravy.

14. Chubba (GA)

Chubba (GA) Well-Known Member

Yikes! Up, Gizmo, Up!

15. Chubba (GA)

Chubba (GA) Well-Known Member

Yikes! Up, Gizmo, Up!

16. LizzieInTexas

Started too early in the cycle for him to surf. I need to figure out a better HC food (gravy). The FF gravy's are now MC and that is all I have (and Chick Magnet - also MC).

17. Stacy & Asia

Oh my, Gizmo! Up with you!

I got Wellness Heathy Indulgence morsels chicken & chicken liver in savory sauce. Despite the liver, it’s the lowest P flavor variety of that brand at 116 and has 17 carbs. It was the highest carb but still low p variety I could find locally.

18. Stacy & Asia

Oh my, Gizmo! Up with you!

I got Wellness Heathy Indulgence morsels chicken & chicken liver in savory sauce. Despite the liver, it’s the lowest P flavor variety of that brand at 116 and has 17 carbs. It was the highest carb but still low p variety I could find locally.

19. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

No idea about epogen. What is it for?

20. LizzieInTexas

I have potato flakes but haven't ever given thst to him. I don't like using karo but have honey if needed. Testing now.

21. Beth 73

Gizmo :woot: !!! What the heck :woot::woot: Slow your roll, dude :nailbiting::woot::bighug:

22. LizzieInTexas

Anemia. Just got done looking at his SS from the last time I gave it to him. He had 2 reductions in two doses then also and another about a week later.

Last time it was given I started on 02/24 (see notes on SS).

Bronx's dad (GA) likes this.
  23. LizzieInTexas

+4=50

Moved up his +4.5LC snack and added a drizzle (rest of the can) of gravy on top. Got to get him up and close to his Nadir so I can give his epogen shot. I am scared to give it for fear it will keep him from eating.

Retest @ +5 and plan on giving his epogen then (along with more gravy if needed).

24. Christie & Maverick

Christie & Maverick Well-Known Member

Nice catch on those drops! From my experience the two conditions of anemia and diabetes are unrelated, I can't see any reason why Epogen would have an affect on BG.

25. LizzieInTexas

I am not a chemist or biologist - I am just noticing a pattern. In my lay-man brain - better blood the better it carries the meds - but I know insulin isn't a drug/med but a hormone so I have absolutely NO idea if that logic holds.

Like I said previously, I have tired to research side effects to Epogen (good and bad) and can't find much on it. I can't even see anyone else whose cat has reacted the same (much behavior improvement, more activity, increase thirst, increase pee'ing, attitude- yada, yada).

26. Stacy & Asia

Paws crossed your new plan works and it doesn't disturb his appetite this way!

27. LizzieInTexas

I gave the PM Ondan and Cerenia @ +4 when I tested (and it included his BP meds), so those are already on board.

28. Christie & Maverick

I understand, and you have a lot going on with Gizmo, supplements, etc, I shared once before my brief experience with Epogen, but my kitty wasn't diabetic and her anemic condition was quite a bit worse. I don't recall side effects, but sadly it was a short timeframe, I wasn't able to get her anemia under control. Insulin doesn't go in the blood stream, so I'm not sure how better blood would make a difference. Just my two cents.

29. LizzieInTexas

Thank you for sharing. I am going to call the pharmacist tomorrow. Was going to do it today but I was just so busy at work.

+5=58

Epogen in - it hurt him again. I even drew it up and let it sit for about 25 min (to warm up) but he still *****ed about it and bit me (I had hold of the front end while hubby gave the shot). :(

I am going to rest in 30 min just to make sure he is holding/going up. That will be 1-1/2 hours from food.

30. Christie & Maverick

Oh dear, I'm sorry, I don't remember the Epogen injection causing pain, but I never gave one, I brought my kitty in to the vet, was supposed to carry on with injections at home, but we didn't get that far :(, are the needles longer...subq or in the muscle? I've found when Maverick goes low 40s to mid 50s even the blood tests are hard, he just gets so impatient, it's almost like too much restraint makes him worse... but hasn't yet tried to bite me :(, hope you're ok.

31. PussCatPrince - GA

PussCatPrince - GA Well-Known Member

Well. Flep and Flock. Pile of poo.

I have been a little bit AWOL. What is this Epogen for ? Save me looking back and not that I can help anyway.

Don't wish to read ole Gizmo giving with the bitey bites. He's our muse.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.