06/06 Boomer AMPS 137 +3 65 +5.5 56 PMPS 101, +3 72 wildlife photo

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Judy and Boomer, Jun 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Yesterday
    Good morning!
    AMPS 137 shooting 1.0u

Boomer left all of his +9, even the chicken pieces, and a wee bit of his +6 but ate everything else.

Allen ate ok last night but left a bit in each dish. He hasn't eaten much of his breffis and I've just tried the third kind of ff.

On the Bean's agenda today: hopefully a visit to Stratford to see the baby Swans. But because I can't trust what Boomer is going to do these days, we won't leave until around +5 after testing and feeding. And the weather has to improve between now and then!

Today's photo is of a Yellow Finch!

Attached Files:

2. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

I am amazed at the wide variety of birds you have in your area. We don't see that many kinds around my house, just mostly pigeons and starlings with a few crows. :p

Judy and Boomer likes this.
  3. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

Good idea not to trust the Booms :D:D:joyful: No funny stuff today so mama bean can go see the swans buddy. Oh Allen, please eat your fuds buddy :banghead:

4. Judy and Boomer

We do have Yellow Finches around here all year long although some of them do fly south in winter. They lose their colour in winter when they stay here! Some of the birds I've posted are not residents; they fly through here while migrating north. Luckily a lot of them do hang around.

But I didn't know the different kinds of birds before I started photography! The day that got me hooked on wildlife photography was a day I sat in my backyard with a brand new camera....I would have sworn there were only sparrows there but I shot a yellow finch, a downy woodpecker, a flicker, doves, and starlings to name just some of them!

Mandy & Rex (GA) likes this.
  5. Noah & me (GA)

Noah & me (GA) Well-Known Member

Judy, just wanted to squeeze this in real quick. I've been seriously thinking about getting back into photography because basically I miss it so much. I already have big glass, my mondo-heavy Manfrotto and two Pelican cases. I think I'm just going to get a used Nikon body from Henry's so I won't be making a huge investment and then I won't be sorry if I don't use it every day. Sounds good? I'm sick of this pathetic Sony and all their proprietary memory cards and cables, never again! Thanks.

6. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Shawna & Davidson (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice picture Judy..........I have some great shots from my recent African Safari and FINALLY saw where the link is............posted a couple now - tnx.

** I bought a Sony DSC400HX-V bridge camera from Henry's and it's under $500 and takes AMAZING shots with a 50x zoom..........I'll post pics once I figure out how

Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
    Reason for edit: changed text
  7. Noah & me (GA)

Right now someone is scratching their head trying to figure out what a Henrys is. :rolleyes:

MyTitan (GA) and Judy and Boomer like this.
  8. Judy and Boomer

I totally enjoy it! It gets me out and into the parks, conservations areas, etc. It's relaxing and fulfilling when I get a shot I've been trying for, or an unexpected one!

Noah & me (GA) likes this.
  9. Judy and Boomer

lol and you're picking up a double double on the way to Henry's, right? Or should I say EH?

10. Judy and Boomer

Oh an African Safari....that would be awesome!

11. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Boomer surfs safely and lets you get out today. I hope Allen's appy picks up. Great picture.

12. Noah & me (GA)

@Shawna & Davidson I didn't mean to slag all things Sony, I have the usual household amount. My memory card and both USB cables are all unique to Sony, very expensive. My Sony DVD recorder is great for the slightly illegal copying of slightly illegally obtained video.
    When going to Africa is just too expensive there's always
    discount_lion01.JPG Take off eh!

13. Judy and Boomer

14. MyTitan (GA)

MyTitan (GA) Well-Known Member

Easy does it Boomer, stay in the shallow end

15. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Shawna & Davidson (GA) Well-Known Member

HAHA! What's a Henry - that's funny! BTW - for you American and elsewhere - it's a camera store. The Sony was reasonable compared to others like it, and I've used one before so knew what the icons were. I take lots of pics every place I go, even local - so didn't mind spending the $ for an investment. All cameras today do the same thing, like a phone and soon enough they come out with newer models and ours become obsolete the week after we buy them. Now I just have to take more pics of Harley and Davidson!

16. Noah & me (GA)

Yuk yuk! There's a camera store in our local decrepit slightly aged mall that can still process film. I have a small collection of antique movie cameras and last year I realized there was a roll of film in one. I found out the hard way in a brightly lit room. Hey look! Ooopsy :oops:

17. Judy and Boomer

+5.5 was 56
    We had decided not to go to Stratford today because it was going to be a bit chilly there. Will probably go Friday.

18. Judy and Boomer

PMPS 101 shooting 1u

19. Judy and Boomer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.