06/13 Furball +10=280 AMPS=274 +10.5=213 PMPS=200

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by carfurby (GA), Jun 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Tracey&Jones (GA) likes this.
  2. Chubba (GA)

Chubba (GA) Well-Known Member

I have no idea if it was related to the cancer or the pred Gizmo was on, but his last dose of flea drops caused his hair to fall out right at the site where I gave them. I never even gave it a thought ... I just gave him his monthly application. :(

Glad Simba is feeling a bit better this morning and I hope Furball quits being her bouncy self. :bighug:

3. HWright

HWright Well-Known Member

Glad Simba feeling better this morning. Uck on flea. I agree about steering clear of the commercial flea treatments.

I was in similar situation with our old civie Maine Coon Bo. Found flea and flea dirt on him but not on any of the others. He was the oldest and most frail at the time.

I found that ACV helped to repel fleas. add a drop or two to water for a few days if Simba will drink it. And make a spritz of a few drops to a teaspoon of ACV diluted in about 1/2 cup water (it’ll smell mildly sweetly acidic not strongly acidic). Then spray and comb through fur. Also can use same spray on bedding. Repeat daily til fleas gone. Hope this helps.
    ❤️

4. carfurby (GA)

@HWright Thanks Sina. I've heard you an use ACV, but needed to look up how. The other cats have fleas too, so everyone needs treatment. Yuck.

:bighug::bighug::bighug:

5. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Nice to hear that Simba is feeling a bit better today!
    Furball....time to get off the trampoline!

6. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Hope Furball comes down for you today.

Good luck on the flea issue.

7. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

❤️❤️❤️. Check with HV, Carla, on the flea thing . I’ll be interested to hear what he/she advises. Sending death to fleas prayers :bighug:

8. carfurby (GA)

The HV said it was okay to give Advantage II. I'm not sure if I will. I think I'll try the ACV first.

Beth 73 likes this.
  9. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

That’s a wise decision, Carla :bighug: Something else I do is wash their fav beds/blankies every day to wash away flea eggs /larva . Time consuming but cheap and effective :cat::bighug:❤️

10. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

What is ACV?
    When "Alice" (our first cat) had a terrible infestation we used boric acid around the house, vacuumed every day for 6 months, and took her to the vet to be "dipped". That doesn't sound like it would be good for Simba. I hope that ACV will work for you.
    We use Frontline Plus, but with Rusty in such frail shape, I hesitate to use it on him. I'll ask the vet on Friday.

Sending vines for fleas to be gone!

11. carfurby (GA)

Apple Cider Vinegar. I hope the vet can give you some good advice for Rusty regarding flea treatment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.